Evelyn

I was sitting in my office after finishing my last shift when Amber called asking if I was down to go to a bar. I just finished a forty eight hour shift and I couldn't wait to get home. Me and Dante got divorced five months ago and my life has been peaceful and full of happiness since then. I see Rose every week. As for Dante, I have no clue and I don't want to know. Sebastian and Mia have been the best people and the best friends ever. Sebastian and Amber became friends and I finished college and opened my own hospital.

I don't know what to say but two people can change, and me and Dante aren't above, it happened to us, and I'm thankful for that.

"Ms. Beaumont, there's someone here for you, they said you knew them" my assistant Jack said, "bring them in." I say to him, clearing off my mind. Dante Romano came through the door, Dante Romano himself.

"What do you want, Dante?" I say firmly, "Rose has Cancer." Dante says and I sit down because it felt like I died.

"They're going to start with Chemotherapy in a few days, I need you."

"Need I remind you, you wanted a divorce-"

"For your sake!"

"Evelyn my father threatened to end your career, he was going to completely stop you from being a doctor. I couldn't let that happen, I know how much your job means to you." Dante said trying to make the situation better but only made it worse. "I have a boyfriend Dante, you can't be here nor can you say stuff like that." I lied grabbing my purse, only for him to block my way.

"Evelyn, I need you."

"You listened to him Dante!" I yelled at him in disbelief, he gave up on us. "I have a boyfriend Dante..." I say backing up and standing in front of my desk. "This shouldn't be hard, c'mon how many women have you fucked since our divorce? Twenty?" I sarcastically count on my fingers.

"Evelyn, I haven't even touched a woman since our divorce." Dante says and I'm not sure I believe him this time. "I want a second chance." Dante declares coming closer to me. Just when I think he's going to kiss me he wraps his arms around me. The next couple seconds are quiet before Dante's quiet crying fills the room.

I pull away and look at him. "Dante, I've changed. I'm not the Evelyn you knew. Two people will change but that doesn't mean they can't stay friends." I say taking a deep breath, gosh I hated conversations like this. "I'm sure someone else will be able to fill that spot in your heart." I say to Dante who looked like he could collapse.

"Did you come here by car?"

"No, I walked." Dante says, shocking me , he walked three hours and half to get here. "C'mon let's get you home." I say directing him outside to my car. The drive there was nothing but awkward, I lied about having an ex and Dante wanted me back but I wasn't going to worry about anything but Rose.

When we get there I greet Ronan who looks surprised to see me helping Dante. I take Dante to his room before going to see Rose. I gently knock on her door, entering upon her opening the door for me. "Eve!" Rose says jumping on me, hugging me whilst I carry her to her bed. "Rose honey you're strong right?" Rose nods with a frown when she realizes I found out. "Rose, you're the sister I never got to have, you are the only thing that's making up for every bad thing I've been through. Cancer has a cure, nothing will take you from me." I say hugging her, before she pulls away.

"Can you be my doctor? I don't like the doctor Dante got for me, she's too careless." Rose says, causing something to itch my brain. Since when did Dante not think twice before doing or getting something for Rose. "I will be your doctor, I'll come everyday even after you're cured." I hugged her, we both stayed in that position for a while before Rose fell asleep on my shoulder.

I put Rose to bed and put the blanket over her before heading outside noticing Sebastian's here. Gosh, these men needed to lower their voices.

I go downstairs to see Dante arguing with his father, the man that he allowed to tear us apart. "Antonio." I greet him with not a slight bit of respect, "Dante, I'll be coming every day starting tomorrow to start Rose's treatment, I'd prefer if your father wasn't here." I say grabbing my purse, "say hi to Mia for me Sebastian." I say before walking out, what a beautiful interaction.

Before I can enter my car Antonio walks towards me with a grin. I enter my car as soon as I can to avoid any conversations and honk at him the moment he opens his mouth to speak, then drive away. I wasn't a bad person but I wasn't nice either.

"That was badass." I get a message from Dante, I chuckle at his stupidness. Maybe I need to go out with a man for him to see that I was way over him.