76~ Pain of Love (Full update)

No vote no update.
No comments no motivation to write further decide what you want.

Ardhansh's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Broken?"

That's what I felt, seeing the hate in her eyes. How far we've come. Her eyes used to be filled with love for me, but now—

I felt shattered, not from her accusations, but from witnessing the insecurity in her gaze.

I failed as a man. She was right. My sister is suffering, and the fault lies solely with me.

The weight of their suffering, especially hers and my sons', bears heavily on me, and the fault lies solely with me. I've never felt this shattered before, as I do today.

Despite years of never giving up, the ache is now unbearable. The hate in her eyes feels like reopening old wounds, reminding me of the crimes I committed in the past.

The pain she endured wasn't hers alone; it was also mine to bear. How much anguish I inflicted upon her, but it's the pain I caused that hurts me the most.

Her cries, her tears, her suffering... the echoes of her pain and her pleas for me to leave her still haunt me relentlessly.

I wanted to heal her while realizing I couldn't heal myself, knowing I didn't prioritize her first, it is a pain I can't escape.

It's agonizing being a man when society dictates limits, preventing man from fully expressing his emotions because it's deemed musculanity.

I longed for her to understand me, to comprehend the depth of my love for her. Yet, she suffered solely because of my love. If I had never loved her, she wouldn't have endured the pain I inflicted upon her.

They say, "Love is solace, it's bliss, it's worship." But why has my love for her turned into a curse?

What have I turned her into? That little girl I once knew is no longer there. She has changed. She feels suffocated with me. She doesn't love me anymore.

For the first time, I feel like giving up. It's not helping me. The echoes of my heart screaming my sins are making me deaf, causing my tears to flood out and blur my vision.

Her words began to swirl in my head, buzzing my senses, and without a second thought, I turned around.

I knew my words wouldn't make much difference. I couldn't expect her to trust me after what I had done.

But it hurts, so fucking much. I don't know how to ease this agony, so I decided to escape the situation as always.

I heard Yagya shouting behind me, but I didn't turn to look at him. I pressed the button for my floor and messaged Akhil to be there.

When the lift opened, I saw him already standing there, questions evident on his face.

"Good afternoon, Sir," he greeted, and I simply nodded in acknowledgment.

I retrieved the divorce papers, along with the estate documents of the Trivedi's after getting inside my room, and handed them over to him.

"Get them signed from her, and don't let her know about the estate papers," I ordered.

He stared at me in shock upon seeing the divorce papers, and I simply raised my eyebrows, signaling for him to leave.

"Are you alright, Sir?" he suddenly asked, concern evident in his voice. While I nodded in response, hearing his footsteps fade away thereafter.

I got up and locked the digital lock, then dialed my Mom's number, feeling hopeless in the dark, seeking solace in her voice.

"Haye!! Itne dino baad maa ki yaad aayi tujhe," her heavy voice came, and I could tell she suppressed her tears behind her cheerful tone.