The Last Time

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Draco took a shakey breath as he turned the door knob but as soon as his eyes met hers, his breathing stopped completely. Tear stains graced her slightly pink cheeks and her hair was a tousled mess, a sign that her hands had been running through it constantly.

Draco walked slowly into the room, closing the door behind him. As he got closer to the protective bubble that was keeping Juliet trapped in her place, his hand was outstretched, pressing against it as hers also did.

"Hi" Juliet spoke with a small smile.

"Hi darling" Draco smiled softly but it fell quickly as he swallowed back the lump in his throat.

"I need to say something and you need to listen" Juliet sucked in a breath "Draco Malfoy, I never in my life thought that I'd experience a love like this at such a young age. Especially not with you" Juliet let out a chuckle "my only regret, is that I didn't see the real you sooner. The side of you, that is loving and caring. I wouldn't change a thing because, I got to meet my brother, I got to be loved by you and love you back with all of my being" Juliet's lip quivered as she looked down to her feet before looking up, once more.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy" Juliet's voice broke and Draco felt his own tears spill over his eyes and onto his cheeks.

"Juliet I- Merlin I wish I could hold you" Draco shook his head, wiping his hand over his face.

"Drop the barrier" Juliet sputtered out, looking at Draco with knowing eyes.

"N-no, I-i can't, Juliet" Draco knew what she meant, he knew why she needed it gone.

"Draco" Juliet swallowed, her voice breaking.

Draco's own lip quivered as he pulled out his wand with a shakey hand. Without speaking an incantation, he removed the spell, letting Juliet's body fall forward into his arms.

His arms wrapped around her small body, encasing her tightly in his grip. He could feel her body wracking with sobs, as did his own. He never thought that he could feel such pain, such heartbreak but he was wrong, so very wrong.

Juliet pulled away slightly, sniffling as she did so, the pads of her thumbs wiped the stray tears from Draco's cheeks but it didn't stop new ones from falling. As Juliet stood up onto her tiptoes, she pressed her lips against Draco's, sealing her fate. His lips were soft and delicate, a kiss filled with love and unspoken words. They'd never have the time they needed to speak them all, their time was merely borrowed.

"Tell Theo...tell him-that I love him and that I was so happy to have a brother like him" Juliet hiccuped, swallowing the slight bile that rose in her throat. Draco nodded quickly, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Juliet" Draco mumbled through his tears. The never ending tears, the ones he'd shed for her, until the day he died.

"Do it" Juliet smiled softly as she leant her forehead against his "Draco...do it".

"I-I can't...I don't-please don't make me live in a world without you" Draco pressed his lips against her forehead, screwing his eyes shut.

"Draco please, I can't live like this, hurting people, for the rest of my life" Juliet choked the words out.

"I c-can't do it Jules, I-..." Draco held her tighter than he ever had before. Scared that she'd slip away, if he didn't.

"I forgive you Draco, I'll always forgive you for what you have to do and I'll always be watching you, I'll always be here" Juliet pressed the palm of her hand against Draco's chest.

"A life without you...isn't one I want" Draco sniffled, burying his head into the crook of Juliet's neck.

"You'll be okay, you'll-get married and have lots of-little babies and you'll live in that scary mansion of yours" Juliet let out a chuckle but her eyes only screwed shut as a sob escaped her mouth.

"I love you, Juliet. I-thank you, for loving me and showing me how it feels to love someone else" Draco swallowed thickly, his grip on his wand tightening.

"Do it" Juliet pulled away from him, looking into his grey eyes, one final time.

Draco leant down, smashing his lips into hers but as he pulled away, Juliet stepped out of his embrace.

"I forgive you, always" Juliet nodded with a tight lipped smile, but her lips quivered. Betraying her.

Draco rose his hand, his wand shaking in his grip. He shook his head side to side as he inhaled a shakey breath. His heart felt as if it was being ripped from his chest, his light, his Juliet. The girl that had him so infatuated, that he had to know her.

"I'll see you again" the brunette girl muttered before closing her eyes and tilting her head back. Draco closed his own eyes, not wanting to see what he was about to do...

"Avada Kedavra!"

Silence

Only silence.

His eyes peeled open slowly, as the remains of cold salty tears, trickled onto his lips. His eyes fell down to the floor where she lay. Still, so still.

Draco let out a blood curdling scream, the ache in his chest growing stronger and stronger as he fell to his knees, pulling her cold body into his arms.

"I love you, I love you, I love you" Draco mumbled as he rocked back and forth with Juliet in his lap. He brushed her brown locks out of her face, placing a longing kiss to her forehead. His sobs racked his rib cage, echoing around the silent space. A hole inside of him, that would never be filled, began to grow. The place, reserved only for Juliet Nott.

The girl whom he loved with his whole heart, his first love, his first time. The girl who travelled through time, to protect him. Gone.

"I'll never forget you...you wait for me, Juliet Nott" Draco mumbled into her hair.

The girl who had him so infatuated.

Would have him infatuated, forever.

The End.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼