The start of something new

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

September 1st 1991

The roar of the train's engine rattled the ground beneath Juliet's feet, a sea of children with their parents surrounded her and she felt like she could burst with excitement. Ever since she'd received her Hogwarts letter, she hadn't stopped talking about this moment to her mother. She couldn't wait to learn magic and see everything that Hogwarts had to offer, but most of all she couldn't wait to make friends.

A loud whistle echoed around platform 9 3/4 and Juliet knew it was time to board the train, she found the nearest door and climbed through it. The train was bursting with life, older students sighing as they tried to navigate through the crying first years, who already missed their parents. Juliet was different though, she wasn't sad to be leaving her mother, she was more than okay with going away for months at a time.

She decided to leave the busy hallway and go in search of a worthy seat, perhaps she could get a kickstart on the friend front. As she weaved her small body through the many other students who were stood catching up with their friends, she locked eyes with what seemed to be an empty compartment, it was right at the other end of the corridor, it was perhaps even in the next carriage. With a look of determination on her face, she carried on pushing forwards and she let out a relieved sigh as it was right in her sights now but, she didn't quite make it there.

The harsh bump of another's shoulder, sent her falling to the ground. She landed right on her bottom and she was positive it would leave a bruise. As she lifted her eyes to see the perpetrator of this incident, her brown orbs met ones of silver. His platinum blonde hair was slicked back against his head and his face was screwed up as he inspected Juliet, like she was some kind of freak show in a circus.

"Watch where you're going" the young blonde spat harshly and Juliet gasped quietly at his words. Her mother had always taught her to be kind to everyone but she'd never quite thought that maybe, not everyone would be kind back.

"I-I'm sorry-.." Juliet's voice was quiet as she reached to her neck and pulled her long plaits back over her shoulders.

"Aw look boys! She's got plaits! What are you five?" The boy snickered and as did his friends. Juliet was suddenly aware that two other boys were laughing at her misery.

"M-my mother says they make me look pretty" Juliet gulped, she could longer stand to look into those piercing eyes.

"Your mother is lying to you...you look like a child!" He laughed again, his arms were crossed over his chest and the look of disgust had never left his face.

"I am a child" Juliet was still mumbling, she couldn't bring herself to speak any louder.

"What is your blood status?" His next question took Juliet by surprise. She didn't understand why it mattered.

"Uh-um my father was a pureblood wizard and m-my mother is a muggle" Juliet finally looked at him and his disgust seemed to only get bigger.

"Your mother is a filthy mudblood and so are you! Your blood is tainted!" The boy sneered at her before turning around and walking away. His two friends, who hadn't actually said anything, followed behind him.

Juliet was left alone on the floor of the carriage, she willed her tears to not spill but it was hard. She suddenly missed her mother and her previous excitement was gone. She'd heard that word before. Her mother had told her all about the blood supremacists and how they wished to drive any muggle witches and wizards away from their world. Mudblood was a word they had devised, to put down those who did not have pure blood, as if there was any such thing. Was this what everyone here would think of her? Would she forever be targeted because of her mother's blood?.

Juliet sniffled slightly, before she tugged at the hair bands that were holding the plaits in her hair. She pulled them loose and raked her fingers through her brown locks that now held a slight wave. She'd always loved the plaits her mother did, but now...she felt belittled. She placed the hairbands around her wrist and went to stand up. As she did, her eyes met with a pair of blue ones. A girl, about the same height as her, was inspecting her with furrowed eyebrows. Her hair was long and a shade of dirty blonde and Juliet thought she was quite pretty but because of her previous encounter, she kept her mouth shut.

"I like your hair!" The small blonde girl spoke with a smile and Juliet was unsure at first but her smile, it was genuine.

"Thank you, I like yours too!" Juliet beamed as she admired it.

"We should be friends, I like you. I'm Eleanor, Eleanor white" the girl held her small hand out to Juliet, who looked at it hesitantly at first but, she liked Eleanor, so she took it.

"I'm Juliet, Juliet Walter's" she smiled brightly and so did Eleanor. Now, she just hoped they'd be in the same house.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼