The riddle of it all

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet coughed as soot filled her lungs, she waved her hand around to try and lessen the dust that was floating in the air. That was a bumpier ride than the one between here and Malfoy manor, but that's what money got you.

Juliet looked down at her robes that were most definitely ruined, as she tried to brush herself off, the creak of a floorboard made her raise her head.

Tiberius Nott stood with a peculiar look on his face, his hands were deep in his pockets as he stared at Juliet.

"What are you doing here?" He growled slightly as he spoke.

"I've come to talk to you...about the prophecy" Juliet's words seemed to stir something inside of him because his expression faltered.

"I don't know anything" Tiberius huffed as he turned around, to walk away from his daughter.

"I've been having these...dreams. Except, they're too real. I can feel sensations, I can touch things and people and talk to them. Sometimes I'm in the courtyard at Hogwarts....its covered in rubble and dust and bodies. Sometimes I'm back in Hogwarts in the 1940's and I'm talking to Tom riddle" Tiberius' body stilled as Juliet spoke and he slowly turned back around, his eyes pierced into hers but for once they held sorrow.

"A gift and a curse, is what you hold. You can infiltrate the past and live there, you can see loved ones that have been lost to time but you can also infiltrate the future, you could see your death and the deaths of the ones you loved if you really wanted to. It is too much power to bear for a child" Tiberius looked to the ground and slowly shook his head.

"So In my dreams I've actually been to the past and the future? I-it's real?" Juliet's mouth fell agape.

"Yes. A sleep like state allows you to tap into your power, through your subconscious mind" The man began to walk into the dining room and Juliet followed behind slowly, taking a seat opposite him at the large dining table.

"So in theory...if I was spelled into a paralytic state, I could stay in the past or future...forever?" Juliet's mind couldn't process how this was even possible.

"Technically...yes. Although, you still age the same way. So as your body here got older, so would your body in the past or future, you would live out your life in a different time period" Tiberius tapped his fingers against the mahogany table top.

"How do you know so much about this?" Juliet gulped.

"It is passed through my family. In many it is dormant, like me and Theo and my parents and my grandparents. The last to possess the ability to use their power was my great grandfather. So your, great great grandfather"

"So how long has there been a prophecy...about me" Juliet looked up through her eyelashes.

"Since way before I even thought of having a child. It could have gone to either you or Theo...I didn't know I'd have a child who would not be of pureblood but somehow...when your mother told me she was pregnant, I knew it was you and that's why I left and never came back. If you didn't have my name, he wouldn't find you but it's too late for that" Tiberius' eyes held so much guilt and Juliet wished she could forgive him, but one good deed did not make up for years of evil.

"That's all I needed to know" Juliet cleared her throat before standing up, her chair screeched against the dark marble floor.

"Wait! Juliet, your power can do so much good. Think about it Juliet, I know you're smart and you know what the prophecy reads...you can stop him but you HAVE to think about it" Tiberius looked at his daughter with pleading eyes. He held faith that she would succeed.

"I will" Juliet nodded her head once before leaving her father alone at the table. Her mind was a whirlwind as she stepped back into the fireplace. Her hand slid into the jar in her bag and her hand was held out in front of her as she spoke clearly. "Hogshead".

Juliet coughed as once again, soot filled her lungs. She stepped out of the fireplace and placed aberforth's jar of floo powder back on his table before she left the small room and went back into the pub. It was still relatively empty, thankfully.

"Thank you" Juliet smiled at Aberforth as she passed the bar.

"Good luck to you child" the man bowed his head to Juliet before she left the pub.

On her walk back to Hogwarts, she did as her father said, she thought about it. She could stop the dark lord, somehow. Many scenarios played in her mind but none of them seemed to be of any use. She had to be smart, which was something that came naturally to her but this time, just being clever, wasn't enough.

Juliet could finally see the castle as she once again walked the perimeter of the dark forest and as she brushed past the black lake, her legs began to ache, which slowed her down tremendously. She needed to get up into Ravenclaw tower, without Theo or Draco seeing her.

She poked her head through the opening in the corridor wall, letting out a sigh of relief as the corridor was empty. Juliet hauled her body up and through the large cutout before sprinting towards the staircase that she needed to climb. She made it up there in record speed, the fastest she ever had before and once she answered the riddle from the eagle, she was lacking oxygen.

Her small body collapsed onto the sofa of the common room and she allowed herself a few minutes to catch her breath before she headed up to her dorm. She stripped out of her uniform and pulled on a pair of joggers and one of Draco's quidditch shirts that she'd stolen. Juliet collected her uniform and shoved it into her trunk. That last thing she needed was one of the boys to turn up and see her dust covered robes.

Juliet scrambled to grab a piece of parchment and a quill, writing down everything that her father had told her. Sleep like state, stay there forever, stop him, be smart.

She tapped the quill against her knee as she sifted through any possible way that she could do this. She could go back and kill baby Tom riddle? No. She couldn't kill a baby, even if it was him. She could go into the future and kill Voldemort before he reaped havoc on the world? No. He was too strong.

As she squashed every idea she had, her dream came into her mind. In the nineteen forties, Tom riddle was still a student, of course he was plotting bigger things but he hadn't accomplished them yet...and suddenly Juliet found her loop hole. She would go back to 1943 and befriend the mysterious boy, she would show him how to live.

The only problem was, she'd have to be in a sleep like state for months and somehow she didn't think that Theo and Draco would approve, not only that but Draco would quite literally implode at the idea of Juliet trying to make friends with Tom riddle.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼