A brothers love

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

When Juliet awoke later that night, she was alone. Only the sounds of light snoring filled the room from the other patients of Madame Pomfrey. She felt calm, at peace almost but she still felt empty, it was obvious to everyone that she wasn't herself. Juliet wasn't quite sure how she got here or what had happened but when Madame Pomfrey came round to do her checks, Juliet's heart skipped a beat.

"It was Mr Malfoy who carried you in here dear, followed closely by Mr Nott. They were very shaken up, they must care about you deeply" Madame Pomfrey gave Juliet a warm smile and Juliet simply nodded her head.

Her mind was once again at war, she wouldn't have put it past Theo to bring her here, he still obviously cared for his sister but Draco? He didn't love her, he didn't care for her, so why would he bring her to Madame Pomfrey?.

Juliet sat awake most of the night, in pure silence. A book rested on her lap that she'd managed to coerce from Madame Pomfrey and her wand lit the space around her. She didn't want to sleep or eat, in all honesty she wanted to go home. She yearned for her mothers touch and the weight of her mothers letter tickled her mind again, she still hadn't opened it. It was currently in the draw of her bedside, tucked away out of mind but Juliet made a note to ask Madame Pomfrey if she could go and retrieve it.

Sleep came eventually but it didn't last long because as soon as Juliet closed her eyes, Madame Pomfrey awoke her with breakfast. Juliet pushed the porridge around the bowl with her spoon, only to earn a warning look from Madame.

Juliet managed to eat half of the bowl under Madame Pomfrey's intense stare and she did feel better for it. Half an hour later, Madame Pomfrey was offering up potions to help keep her calm but Juliet just watched as she placed them at her bedside, not even acknowledging their existence.

Not even an hour later, Juliet heard the soft voice of Eleanor white in the room and her whole body perked up. When she saw Eleanor's blonde hair round the room divider, she instantly sat up and held her arms out, engulfing the girl in a tight hug.

"Oh Jules..." Eleanor's voice cracked as she spoke, she'd never seen her friend so broken before.

"El can you please do something for me" Juliet's voice was hoarse, having not been used for more than 12 hours.

"Of course" Eleanor pulled back and smoothed down Juliet's unruly hair.

"There's a letter in my bedside drawer from my mother...will you bring it to me later" Juliet's lip twitched upwards ever so slightly.

"Yes, anything you want" Eleanor smiled widely and wrapped her arms around her friend again.

Eleanor sat with Juliet for an hour and even though they didn't talk much, Juliet couldn't deny that Eleanor's presence was comforting to her. She was more shocked that the girl had missed breakfast for her, although the loud grumbling of her stomach was enough to cause a snicker to leave Juliet's lips.

"Okay I better get to class, I'll come back later" Eleanor slapped her hands against her thighs. She'd made herself comfortable on Juliet's bed, squishing herself in the single bed right next to her. The blonde girl stood up and straightened out her uniform before placing a kiss to Juliet's forehead. Juliet smiled as she watched Eleanor smoothing out the blankets on her bed and essentially tucking her in but Juliet's smile fell when she saw the curly hair of Theodore Nott behind her friend.

"H-hi" Theo seemed nervous, he wasn't expecting Eleanor to be here and quite frankly the small blonde Ravenclaw, scared the shit out of him.

"Oh-uh hi Theodore" Eleanor looked nervously at Juliet before sending Theo a smile. "I'll see you later Jules" Eleanor scurried out of the room and had Juliet been feeling well, she would have chased after her and slapped her around the back of her head.

"Juliet...please forgive me. I did know about Draco wanting to figure out how you shielded your mind but at the time, me and you hated each other and there was nothing between you and Draco, his feelings obviously developed way before I knew about them and trust me, he was using the whole occlumency thing as an excuse....he fell for you and what he said the other week, was a lie" Theodore took slow steps towards Juliet's bedside before lowering himself down into a chair.

"I don't care about Draco and I certainly don't want to hear you apologise for him. He's a big boy, he can do it himself but he won't. As for you...as much as I'm angry at you, because you should have told me when we found out we were related, you technically did nothing to hurt me. You're my brother and I'm sorry for saying what I did" Juliet's voice was barely above a whisper and her fingers twiddled around in her lap as she spoke.

"It's okay Jules, I never took it personally. I just...life wasn't the same without you in it" Theo gave his sister a smile before grabbing ahold of her hand.

"Theo I think I'm going to go home...Christmas break is soon anyway and I can just go earlier, i need to. I miss my mother and I'm not...okay right now" Juliet kept her eyes glued to her lap as she spoke.

"I understand Jules but please before you go, consider talking to Draco. He's the one who carried you here yesterday and he sat here for hours holding your hand, he was lying when he said he doesn't love you Jules and you must know that, he just...doesn't want anything to happen to you, he doesn't want you caught up in all of this" Theo's words stayed stuck in Juliet's mind. He does love you. He doesn't want anything to happen to you.

"I'll think about it Theo" Juliet finally looked at her brothers face "I was wondering if you would consider visiting me and my mother, over Christmas, if you don't have any other plans of course"

"I'd love to and no I don't have any other plans, my father isn't exactly Father Christmas" Theo chuckled and his heart doubled in size when he heard Juliet do the same.

"Don't you have class?" Juliet furrowed her eyebrows and watched as Theo shrugged his shoulders.

"Ah who cares, I'm smart enough as it is" Theo winked at his sister which caused her to smack his arm.

"You are far from smart Theodore, matter of fact you could do with extra classes" Juliet laughed, a real true laugh.

"Yeah yeah, sorry little miss Ravenclaw" Theo ruffled his sister's already tangled hair and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Please don't, it's tangled enough. God, I need a shower" Juliet huffed in annoyance.

"Get Eleanor to take you later, I'm sure Madame Pomfrey will let you" Theo smiled before looking over at the book on Juliet's bedside. "What are you reading then?"

"Well I was begging for some reading material so Madame Pomfrey said I could read one of her books of all things wizardry healing" Juliet grabbed the book and waved it in front of Theo's face.

"Huh I could use some of that, scoot over" Theo shooed his sister with his hands and as she moved over he climbed into next to her. "Read to me" Theo led his head back and closed his eyes. Juliet scoffed but she started reading anyway.

It was as if Juliet could feel heart piecing back together. The only piece that was still broken was the bit that was reserved for Draco Malfoy.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼