The crossroads

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet was no longer bound in the small confinement of the cabinet but in what appeared to be a large field, the sky was dark and the clouds were heavy in the sky. It made sense to her, vanishing cabinets were full of dark magic, where she was now was not a real place but the crossroads of dark magic that separated their cabinet from the ones it was linked to.

The road ahead of her forked into two, one lead to borgin and burkes but the other one? She didn't quite know. All she did know was that she had to unlink it, that way they could continue working on their cabinet and it would lead between the places they needed.

Juliet walked forward, finally coming to the point where the paths split. She could now clearly make out borgin and burkes but when she looked the other way, she had no idea where the other cabinet was located but with a deep breath she took that path and when she reached the end, their was darkness and she realised she was contained back into a vanishing cabinet.

She found the latch on the inside and flicked it upwards, cautiously opening the door and stepping into what could only be explained as a grand study. Why was a vanishing cabinet in Hogwarts linked to one here?. It would have to be something she never knew the answer to, even though it irked her. The small girl pulled out her wand and pointed it at the cabinet, she would have to be fast otherwise she wouldn't be able to get back to Hogwarts. Once she started the spell she predicted she'd have two minutes before the path disappeared.

"Braxiam unlinko" Juliet prayed that this worked. She didn't know much about the spell but she'd seen it in a few vanishing cabinet books that she'd read from the library.

"Braxiam unlinko" Her mind was clear and her eyes closed as she repeated the spell. She needed total concentration, however, hers was broken.

"What are you doing in my house girl!" Juliet spun around in fear, her wand held out in front of her, ready to attack.

"Expelliarmus!" The mystery person dearmed Juliet before she had time to react. Her wand landed firmly in their hand and when she finally took a closer look at the person, her shoulders slumped. She recognised him instantly. Brown curly hair and brown eyes. He looked a lot like Theo and Juliet could see her resemblance to him as well.

"I asked you a question girl" his teeth were gritted hard and as much as Juliet wished to speak, she couldn't.

"Some veritaserum ought to loosen your tongue, or maybe the cruciatus curse" his eyes were narrowed and his jaw clenched and even though Juliet was terrified she still couldn't speak a word.

"He sent you didn't he! To spy on me! I knew he didn't trust me but to send a school girl, pathetic!" Juliet's curiosity peaked and she finally found the courage to speak up.

"Who? Who sent me?" Juliet's voice was quiet.

"The dark lord of course! Don't act so naive! Now come here" Tiberius Nott stepped forward, grasping Juliet tightly by her hair. Without her wand, she was defenceless. She winced as he dragged her away from her escape and into another room, a dining room. Her body was shoved into one of the chairs harshly by his rough grip.

"Talk!" He slammed his hand against the wood of his own table and Juliet flinched. She could lie...but he'd only get her to drink veritaserum.

"He didn't send me. I came here to cut the ties between your vanishing cabinet and the one that's located in the room of requirement in Hogwarts" Juliet gulped "I'm sure you know about that. I'm sure you're aware of Draco malfoy's and your own son's task".

The man visibly sneered at the mention of his son and Juliet wondered what he'd do at the mention of his daughter.

"My son needed your help" he looked her up and down "a Ravenclaw and a girl! He's a disappointment" Tiberius circled around to Juliet's other side and eyed her up and down.

"Although...I can see his fascination. What a pretty pretty girl you are" his tongue darted out to wet his lips and Juliet felt her stomach clench.

"If you say that about your son, what would you say about your daughter" Juliet couldn't compose herself any longer.

"I don't have a daughter" the man spat before jabbing his wand into Juliet's neck.

"Oh but you do. With a muggle. You have a half blood daughter and guess what I'm her! I'm your daughter!" Juliet's voice was loud and she didn't quite think this through because her father's hand collided with her cheek.

"You are a disgrace! You are no child of mine!" His wand was pushed further into her neck and Juliet could feel the wood splintering her skin.

"I am your child but don't worry, I don't want you as a father and neither does Theo! But I am helping him with his task, so unless you want to die at the hands of the dark lord for your son's failure then let me do the spell and let me leave!" Juliet's voice was restricted from the pressure on the neck but she still managed to say what she needed.

The man seemed to think for a second before pulling his wand away from her neck. "Go and tell my son that he's not welcome here anymore, not if he is going to fraternise with the likes of you" Tiberius once again hauled Juliet up by her hair, dragging her back into the room she was in before, throwing her wand at her feet. "Leave" he turned away without sparing her a look.

Juliet had never felt pain like this. She'd never felt so unwanted by another but she reminded herself of what she needed to do.

"Braxiam unlinko"

"Braxiam unlinko"

The sound of a click broke Juliet from her trance and she hurried back into the cabinet, closing her eyes and reopening them to find herself back on the path. Her feet moved quickly as she ran, the path crumbling from behind her. Her legs ached and her chest burnt as she took in ragged breaths but Hogwarts was within reach and just as her fingers brushed against the school in front of her, she was sucked into darkness once more.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼