The lost Diadem

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1996

"Juliet, you're back" Tiberius placed his hand on Juliet's shoulder, in hopes that it would bring her back to reality but hers eyes seemed to be wandering.

"I have to go" Juliet mumbled, pulling Theo's green silk sheet off her legs. As she tried to stand to her feet she wobbled slightly, stumbling into her fathers arms.

"Go where?" Tiberius looked Juliet over with furrowed eyebrows.

"To Hogwarts...to the room of requirements" Juliet swallowed thickly. She had to keep her promise to Tom.

"Juliet listen-.."

"No" Juliet pushed her father away from her before running in the direction of the fireplace. Her legs felt wobbly as she took on the stairs but thankfully she made it into the foyer without an injury. Her father's footsteps boomed above her and her eyes widened as she grabbed a match, throwing it into the fireplace. The green flames illuminated her face and without a second thought she jumped into the flames. "Hogsmeade!".

Juliet stumbled forward, into the room that she'd only been in once before. The small room that rested hidden at the back of the hog's head. She waved her hands in front of her face, trying to rid the air of the soot that had spilled out of the fireplace. Juliet walked in the direction of the bar, taking the long corridor quickly until she was in the main part of the pub, once more. Like it had been before, it was mostly empty, thankfully for Juliet, who couldn't possibly deal with any more people.

Aberforth was no where to be seen but Juliet didn't have time to be concerned about his whereabouts. She made a quick exit from the pub and went in the direction of the hidden path that she so often took to hogsmeade. It felt strange, to walk the earth in one time period, one second and then a different one the next. She felt disoriented, slightly lightheaded but she supposed that's what time travel did to you.

She dragged her feet along the eary path that cut through the dark forest, her wand was tightly in her fist but she wasn't sure she'd even be able to cast a spell. Luckily for her, she didn't come across any unearthly creatures and she exited to forest to see Hogwarts in the distance. The sun shined over the black lake, reflecting straight onto her face and all Juliet could think about was the time she'd spent with Tom and the boys in the summer of nineteen forty three.

She was determined to find what she needed and so, her feet moved quickly, carrying her all the way to the courtyard of the school, where she managed to haul herself through the opening in the stone. Landing not so gracefully onto her feet. Something was different, the school felt cold and dark, not like the warm place she once called home. There were no students walking the corridors and an eary silence surrounded her. Juliet gulped before she continued walking the corridors, she wasn't sure what had happened whilst she was gone but she assumed that dumbledore dying, had a big impact.

The sound of footsteps made Julie freeze in her spot, as she spun around the find the source of the noise, her eyes locked with ones of green.

Theodore Nott stared at his sister with wide eyes, he wasn't sure she was really there. Maybe she was a fragment of his imagination? But as she blinked quickly, as if she thought the same thing, Theo let out a breath of relief before running towards her. Juliet met him in the middle, both of their bodies colliding together. Theo lifted her up and spun her around, his grasp felt like heaven and Juliet couldn't stop the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Jules..." Theo let out a breath of relief.

"Theo" Juliet smiled as tears of happiness ran over her cheeks.

"Wait..." Theo dropped Juliet onto her feet "did you do it?" Theo's eyes were wide as he looked into her brown orbs.

"I did it" Juliet smiled widely as she watched a grin spread across Theo's face.

"Oh you brilliant girl" Theo pulled Juliet into his chest again, savouring the feeling of her arms wrapped around his torso.

"As much as I've missed you, I need to go" Juliet mumbled as she pulled away from her brother.

"What?" Theo furrowed his eyebrows deeply, she'd just gotten back.

"I have to do something...I have to bring someone back" Juliet spat out quickly before taking off down the corridor. Theo shook his head quickly and chased after her with a deep frown on his face.

"What do you mean you have to bring someone back? Juliet!" Theo reached out and clasped his hand around her wrist, stopping her movements.

"Tom, I have to get Tom" Juliet mumbled.

"Tom who?"

"Tom Riddle" as Theo went into a state of shock, Juliet pulled her wrist free. She ran as fast as she could through the school, her feet were burning and her heart was pounding as she sought the room of requirement.

As she reached the seventh floor corridor, she took a moment to allow some oxygen to fill her lungs. The last thing she needed was to pass out. Once she was satisfied and her heart was no longer pounding in her ears, Juliet closed her eyes. She thought as hard as she could about the spell she was looking for, but she didn't know how literal the 'it presents what you need' thing was.

As she opened her eyes, a large wooden door with intricate iron designs presented itself to her, she took in a deep breath before pushing the door open and to her utter despair, the room was the same as the one she knew. Clutter everywhere. Juliet groaned in annoyance, running her hands through her hair in frustration. She stomped further into the room, running her finger tips over the many items that surrounded her but her heart skipped a beat when she felt the feeling, that she'd only felt a few times before.

It was her draw to Tom, the connection that she somehow shared with his soul. The dull murmur of temptation, trickled into her mind and Juliet let her eyes scan over the table tops. There were too many items to count but as she got closer to the table on her left, the murmur only grew. There, far at the back, underneath a pile of rope sat the box she'd seen before, she had never got to open it but now, she would.

As her hands pulled the rope away, she gulped, slowly trailing her fingers to the brass latch of the box and as she slowly rose the lid up, inside sat a beautiful Diadem. Juliet recognised it as Rowina Ravenclaws diadem. Her eyes widened in disbelief, the item that was thought to be lost, never really had been. She stared at the stunning sapphire that graced its peak but something underneath it, is what caught her eye.

A piece of old parchment was what Juliet pulled out, closing the lid and leaving the diadem to its resting place. A smile graced her lips as she unfolded the parchment and when her eyes skimmed over the words...Juliet let out a sigh of relief. She'd found what she was looking for.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼