28: Thick As Tar

The hair stood up on (Y/N)'s neck. She didn't recognise the voice that called from the other side of the wall. It sounded masculine and despite the fact he was yelling, his tone of voice was ultimately flat. It was unnerving. His words reflected rage, but his voice was devoid of actual emotion.

She turned towards Jeff to see his reaction. He sat still but she could see on his face that he was annoyed. His blue eyes shone with silent anger. "Shit.." Jeff muttered as he looked in the direction of the window. His hand reached up to tussle his messy black hair. Standing up, he reached towards the curtain and opened it just enough to peek out. After what felt like a minute but really was only a few seconds, he moved away from the window and ran a hand down his face.

"What's going on Jeff?" (Y/N) whispered nervously. She messed around with her hands that were sat on her lap. She wasn't quite sure what she should do with herself at the moment. Her mind was still wobbly from the moment they almost shared moments prior. She wished this unwanted intruder would go away. Her heart still pounded from the feelings that she had, her leg shook anxiously waiting for an answer.

"(Y/N), listen to me. There's two people out there. I don't know the first one, it's a girl or something. But the second one I definitely know. He is the danger I was talking about way back then. You can't let him see you." Jeff said sternly. His hands reached out to grab her shoulders.

"A girl?" (Y/N) furrowed her brows. She wondered if it was Stephanie by any chance. "Is she blonde?"

Jeff looked at her with an incredulous look on his face. "Is this really what matters right now? But yes, she is blonde." He raised his eyebrows in confusion.

(Y/N) propelled herself out of her seat and went to peek out of the window herself. When her eyes met the figure of her best friend she immediately retracted wide-eyed. "Jeff that girl.. that's my best friend Stephanie," she informed him.

"What? Why would your friend be here?" Jeff asked suspiciously. He eyed her and (Y/N) bit her lip anxiously. No more lies, she thought. Just as she was about to tell him the truth, the male voice called out again.

"JEFF I KNOW YOU'RE HOME RIGHT NOW. SHOW YOURSELF OR I'LL KILL THAT LITTLE BITCH YOU'RE HIDING."

(Y/N) gasped and shook her head in disbelief. Jeff mimicked her shocked look and his fingers twitched.

"How does he know I'm here?" (Y/N) asked. Her voice sounded flat but on the inside she was scared. Terrified. She hadn't felt this way since the very first time she was kidnapped. Anxiety pooled in her stomach.

"That's what I'd like to fucking know. Come on," Jeff growled and took (Y/N) by the hand leading her down the stairs. Normally this would send butterflies up her entire body but now she felt nothing but fear and confusion. Once they reached the front porch, she peered over the fencing and saw the two figures.

One of them was Stephanie . The other, a mysterious man. He was dressed in all black. Black hoodie, black pants, black shoes. But what shook her to her core was his face, or rather lack thereof. He wore a blue mask with no features except for the giant voids where eyes should be and thick black liquid dripping from them. She couldn't see any other features about him, only that he appeared eerily calm.

(Y/N) and Stephanie made eye contact. (Y/N) sent helpless looks her direction, but Stephanie didn't even blink. This wasn't normal. Something was definitely wrong with her. She never acted this cold.

"What the fuck do you want, Jack? And who is this?" Jeff sneered, squeezing (Y/N)'s hand a little in encouragement. So the man was called Jack. That answered one question.

"You know damn well what I want, Jeff. If you give it to me now, nobody gets hurt," Jack spoke so calmly that shudders ran through the entirety of (Y/N)'s body. His presence was extremely strong and (Y/N) dared not speak. (Y/N) felt Jeff stiffen up as he glared at the man with such a piercing look even she hasn't seen before.