5: Calm Before the Storm

The figure watched her intently, as she walked around her living room absentmindedly and seemingly sang to herself judging by her erratic movements and various hair flips. Licking his lips, his eyes trained onto her every move as if he was in a trance. What a sight to see. He chuckled, his painted grin rising from the shadows.

"COME ON, COME ON, DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS, I THOUGHT I HAD YOU FIGURED OUT, CAN'T BREATHE WHENEVER YOU'RE GONE, CAN'T TURN BACK NOW IM HAUNTED!" (Y/N) screamed into her fake microphone (her hairbrush) and danced horribly to the music playing. Albeit she was having a lot of fun and that's all that matters.

Finishing up the song, (Y/N) fell into her finishing pose while inhaling as much air into her needy lungs as possible. She pushed her hair back and smiled tiredly. It was around 6pm now, the sun just barely visible over the horizon and instead a dark haze occupied the sky. Tuning into the TV, she decided to look for something interesting to watch, finally settling on watching 'Halloween'. A classic.

Her eyes gleamed excitedly and she quickly decided to make a simple dinner. Glancing over at the movie frequently, she scrambled up some eggs and made herself a couple sandwiches with all her favourite fillings. Pouring herself a cup of orange juice, she finished up and skipped over to the couch and carefully placed her food on the coffee table. (Y/N) kicked her legs up on the couch and picked up a sandwich as her eyes fixated on the screen in front of her.

She munched eagerly and occasionally shouted at the screen, complaining about the stupidity of the characters. "If I was in a real life horror situation, at least I know I wouldn't be like these people." (Y/N) commented loudly, feeling slightly cocky as she stared at the bloodshed on screen.

Eventually, her food disappeared and her movie finished, causing her to frown slightly. Opting to scroll on her phone instead, she picked up the small device and began thumbing her way through tons of posts, occasionally making disturbed faces at strange things, laughing at others.

Not even realizing how much time passed, (Y/N) had found herself in pitch black. "Woah, what the hell? What time is it?" (Y/N) shifted her eyes the tiniest bit to look at the time. "12AM?!"

Stretching her crumpled bones, she mustered up the strength to relocate herself to her room. Turning the flashlight on her phone, she avoided all the obstacles in her way and walked up the stairs before pushing open her room door. Casually flicking on her room light, she inspected the inside. Everything looked good. She let out a breath and shut the door behind her.

Walking over to her window she made sure it was locked and drew the curtains before deciding to get ready for the night. Swiftly, she threw her clothes off and entered her adjacent bathroom. (Y/N) stepped in the shower and let the water heat up before allowing herself to succumb to the comforting feeling of water drizzling down her body. She hummed happily.

Soon enough, (Y/N) exited the bathroom feeling clean and refreshed, flicked her room light off and bundled herself up in her sheets. Snuggling up deeper, she pushed her hand under her pillow and felt the barrel of the gun. She kept her hand safely on it and faded into sleep.

The night went by without incident. The morning sky greeted the town of Moonsboro and despite the cold temperatures, the sun gleefully blanketed the town in its bright rays. Quite a nice change from the monochrome clouds and spitting rain that seemed to hang over the town for a while.

(Y/N) had been up early. Or rather, early for her. She woke up around 9am and cleaned around the house a little; vacuuming and wiping down surfaces in her living room, cleaning dishes in the kitchen, changing her sheets.

It was now 11am and (Y/N) felt proud of her work around the house. Pleased, she opened the fridge and took out a snack. As she opened it, she realized the fridge could use a restock and thought now would be the best time to go grocery shopping. Bright sun and it was a Sunday! After all, there still was a serial killer on the loose. (Y/N) swallowed at the thought of it but shook her head and instead headed over to grab her coat, shoes and bag, quickly stuffing the rest of the snack into her mouth.

Double checking she had her wallet, she exited her house, locked it and left all of those thoughts behind.