1: Peace

Life. What a funny thing. Isn't it so interesting how you think you have control of your own life, when that control can be overthrown just as fast? The when and how of death is not in our incapable hands. It is always in others. Whether that is another humans, or something with far greater strength. Something otherworldly. Either way, life is something that can slip past our fingertips without even knowing. How morbid.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?"

A hand waved in front of (Y/N)'s distracted face, effectively knocking her out whatever trance she was in. She snapped her eyes towards the voice which interrupted her thoughts abruptly.

"Head in the clouds again (N/N)?" The person, also known as (Y/N)'s best friend Stephanie, chuckled in amusement completely used to her antics.

"Ah I suppose so. I just couldn't help it, Mr. Daniels class is just so boring." (Y/N) barely spoke out through a yawn that pushed past her lips. Stretching her arms out from her uncomfortable position in her chair, she glanced at the clock at the far side of the wall.

With widened eyes, she looked back at Stephanie and exclaimed, "It's already 4:30?! Steph class ended 30 minutes ago, why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"You just looked so cute and focused, I couldn't." Stephanie teased with a grin. (Y/N) whined but smiled brightly at her best friend.

With an extended hand, Steph stood up and motioned for (Y/N) to grab it. (Y/N) giggled and latched her hand into Steph's, allowing herself to get pulled up from the chair. The two girls packed up their stuff and bundled up in their jackets and scarves. It was mid October, the chilly air settling itself comfortably around the quaint town.

With a light chatter, the girls abandoned the empty classroom and began heading out of the college building. Exiting through the large doors, a burst of cold air sprung out at (Y/N) causing her to shiver lightly. "Are you cold?"

(Y/N) shot a look at Stephanie, "I'm surprised you're not! It's so much colder than it was last year around this time." Orange hued leaves crunched under her boots as she walked through the barren street.

The sun was starting to set sooner as the winter months approached causing not a lot of people to be wandering around. Decorated houses and naked trees surrounded the two best friends as they continued the trek to their houses. "Well maybe I'm just immune. Lucky me!" Stephanie laughed.

(Y/N) shoved her lightly and stuck her tongue out playfully. "Whatever Steph! At least I don't get drenched in the summer from simply blinking." Stephanie faked a gasp out of her mouth.

"How could you!"

(Y/N) fell into a fit of laughter, naturally breaking Stephanie's fake offence and causing her to laugh with her.

Eventually, they reached Steph's house. Moonsboro was a small, peaceful town. It only took about 10 minutes to reach her house from the local college. After exchanging their goodbye's, (Y/N) started walking again.

Her house was only 5 minutes away from Stephanie's. She enjoyed walking alone, especially in Autumn. She felt a sense of comfort in the almost orange tint the town received from Mother Nature at this time. Kicking the leaves as she walked, she felt an almost child-like bliss. Light giggles escaped her soft lips, (E/C) eyes twinkling in the setting sun's light.

Arriving at her doorstep, she paused taking a deep breath in. The air fresh and crisp. One step at a time she clunked along in her boots, eventually reaching her doorstep and reaching for her keys which nestled in her jacket. As she fumbled with the keys, she paused and listened, sensing a slight almost unnoticeable shift in the air.

Looking back, she scoured the area around her, peering into the woods behind her house. Not noticing anything, she entered her house and locked the door behind her. (Y/N) kicked off her shoes ungracefully and tossed her jacket and scarf on the rack.

Heading into the kitchen, she opted to make herself some dinner, seeing as her parents wouldn't be home for another couple hours. Humming quietly, she prepared herself some instant noodles.

Fine dining, of course.

After it was done, she scarfed it down, not even realizing how hungry she was. Sighing contentedly, she disposed of the dirty dishes in the sink and headed upstairs to take a quick shower.

Singing obnoxiously and performing erratically was one of the shower rituals (Y/N) performed on a daily basis. Finishing up, she got dressed in comfortable pajamas and snuggled herself up in bed, pulling the covers all the way up as to not allow any cold air to enter. After finding her remote tangled up somewhere in the sheets, she turned on the TV and began watching her favourite show, (F/S).

After about 2 hours, (Y/N) began slipping off into sleep. Eventually giving up on fighting sleep, she drifted off into much needed rest.