17: Unwanted Thoughts

(Y/N) opened her eyes groggily to find herself laying on cold, hard floor. Confusion swept over her before realization set in. Jeff is keeping her hostage, right. (Y/N) cursed under her breath as she rose from the uncomfortable position she accidentally fell asleep in. Rubbing her throbbing head, she peered beyond the window in the dark room. The sun was just barely visible over the horizon, creating a beautiful array of red and yellow rays which will soon settle into the night. (Y/N) would've appreciated it more if she wasn't in her current predicament.

Standing up to her full height, she examined the room that she didn't bother to check out before she collapsed into it previously. It was a pretty basic room donning all the things you would expect: a bed, a dresser, some bookshelves and a closet. There also seemed to be a connected bathroom which did appeal to the (H/C) girl. The more she could stay in this room, the better and maybe she wouldn't have to interact with her kidnapper much. She could only hope the police rescue her before he discards her.

(Y/N) gulped and right at that moment, just her luck, her stomach grumbled. It has been a while since the girl had any proper food. Still, she groaned at the realization that she had to go out there. Muttering a silent prayer that she wouldn't encounter Jeff, she sucked it up, clenched her jaw and stepped out into the hallway. The lights were off and (Y/N) had no intention of turning them on; she instead resorted to tiptoe carefully in the direction of the stairs, being grateful that her socks and carpeted floors masked most of the noise.

The house was nearly pitch black and that alongside (Y/N)'s limited knowledge of the layout made it incredibly difficult to remember where the kitchen was. Was the downstairs bathroom before or after the living room? Was the kitchen next to it? Huffing silently, she reached the bottom floor and spotted a dim light in the distance. Jaw relaxing, she could just barely make out a small lighting system illuminating the counter space.

Prodding forwards, (Y/N)'s careless steps almost caused her demise as her foot caught on the edge of a couch. Her breath hitched in her throat as she waggled her arms around to save herself from the unexpected fall. It was lucky she did as a low groaning noise caught (Y/N)'s attention. Sleeping on the couch was none other than Jeff. It was a wonder she didn't spot him before, his white skin seemed to reflect any inkling of light that fell upon it. His eyes were wide open as usual, staring into dead space. (Y/N) shivered at the sight, it never got any less creepier.

Scrambling to get away from the couch, she arrived at the kitchen at last. (Y/N) carefully pried the fridge open and looked over its contents. To her surprise, it was fully stacked with items. The old couple who owned this place really did keep it maintained. Despite the oddity of them doing this even though seemingly 'no one' was here, (Y/N) didn't complain. She was just glad she wouldn't go hungry.

Flipping her eyes around the contents, (Y/N) lay eyes on some cheese and ham. Sandwiches it is then. Closing the fridge behind her, she spread her ingredients on the counter and also grabbed the loaf of bread that sat neatly in its bread box. Eyeing the cupboards around her, (Y/N) absentmindedly opened and closed doors on a mission to find some plates. She grinned as she opened the final one, spotting a stack of forest green plates. To her dismay however, they were just out of reach despite (Y/N)'s arched tiptoes and arms that were stretching beyond what should be humanly possible.

Amidst her struggles, (Y/N) suddenly sensed a breathy warmth on her neck and a presence enveloping her back. "Hey." The gravelly voice travelled into her ears and sent a chill up her spine. She could feel his hands hovering just mere inches away from her hips. Her senses tingled from the near touch. (Y/N)'s frame was frozen and a rush of heat made its way across her body before settling into her cheeks. "Need some help, sweetheart?"

(Y/N) couldn't even utter a response before a leathery hand pushed past her face and gripped a plate with ease. His other hand spun the girl around without struggle, her being too shocked to process anything. "Here." Jeff waved the plate in front of her as he looked down at her from his height. His ebony hair fell in waves across his shoulders messily and his frosty blue eyes glinted with mischief. "Nice save earlier by the way." he teased and moved away from the flushed girl, successfully knocking her out of her trance.

"Shut up.." she breathed out, partly embarrassed that he was actually awake during that, and snatched the plate out of his hands. Ignoring his hollering laughter, she focused on assembling her sandwich and getting back to her room, too preoccupied with the feelings that were running through her mind at that moment. "You know," Jeff begun, twiddling his hoodie string carelessly, "You don't need to sneak around like that. I won't do shit to you.. yet."

"Comforting." (Y/N) deadpanned, picking up the plate, eager to eat her deliciously made sandwich. Her hunger was ravenous and she couldn't wait a second longer. Taking a few steps towards the staircase, she was abruptly stopped by Jeff's raspy voice. (Y/N) groaned.

"Why don't you eat here?" Jeff patted the spot next to him on the couch. "Come on, I insist." His grin widened slightly, unbeknownst to the (H/C) girl. Rolling her eyes, she bounded towards him and sat a decent distance away from the black-haired killer. (Y/N) gingerly picked up her sandwich and took a large bite of her creation, trying her best to ignore the mans watchful eyes. She was so hungry and it tasted so good, she couldn't help but release a tiny noise of joy.

Jeff rose a brow and smirked slightly as he watched (Y/N) scarf down the sandwiches like a ravenous wolf. "Someone's hungry." Jeff mocked and (Y/N)'s head snapped to him, releasing the angriest glare she could muster. "Okay, okay. Chill out bitch." he raised his arms in mock surrender but the cocky smirk stayed etched onto his scarred face. (Y/N) scoffed and stood abruptly after finishing off her food.

"I'm going to my room now," (Y/N) announced sternly. Jeff pouted, "(Y/N) doesn't want to hang out with lil ol' me anymore?" his voice reeked of fake sugary sweetness and (Y/N) snorted in amusement. This murderer despite being so frightening was also incredibly goofy, a stark contrast between his two moods.

Shaking her head, (Y/N) replied, "In your dreams." Jeff leaned back and crossed his arms behind his head, giving her a lopsided smile. "I'll take you up on that offer then," his grin widened as he spoke. (Y/N) flushed again, immediately turning away and bounded for the stairs.

As soon as she shut her bedroom door behind her, she collapsed onto her plush bed face first. Letting out a prolonged exhale into it, voice being muffled by the comforter, she began recounting the events that got her so flustered.

The way Jeff was so close to her felt so alien to her yet so tantalizing. She's never felt that way with anyone before. Her thoughts were extremely conflicted, her brain being at war with itself. She should not have enjoyed that little incident in the kitchen as much as she should have. He was a murderer for gods sake. Her kidnapper. She hates him. Despises him even. He took her out of her own home and tried to kill her multiple times.

Scoffing at herself, she discarded these thoughts blaming them on hormones. She would never be crazy enough to see that man in any good light. Flipping herself under the blankets, she cozied herself up and shut her eyes tight trying to fall asleep as fast as she could to avoid all her insane thoughts. One thing she couldn't deny though is that—

She liked it.