8: The Capture

(Y/N) groaned and opened her eyes painfully. Her body absolutely ached and her head pounded. Holding her hand up to her head, she winced as each movement caused jabs of pain to shoot up her nerves. Slowly but surely she propped herself up on her elbows. Looking around, dazed, she saw a man on her floor.

Jolting backwards, she remembered what happened before she fell. The gunshot, the chase, the near death experience she had to face. How long was she unconscious for? Breathing heavily, she stared at the unconscious man with a panic stricken gaze.

"What the fuck do I do?" she whispered shakily. Tears pricked at her eyes at this insane situation. Nothing could've ever prepared her for this moment. Face to face with a serial killer that terrorized her town for a week now. Scanning her brain for any sort of help, she eventually settled on an idea.

Pulling her tired, injured body up off the floor took her a minute, small groans and whimpers of pain escaping her mouth as she stretched and cracked her cramped limbs. After stretching lightly, (Y/N) felt slightly better; anything was better than the hardwood floor. She had to work quickly now. She didn't know when her attacker would wake up.

(Y/N) speed walked into her dining room and firmly grabbed a chair, pulling it with her into the living room despite the fact that it was much more of a struggle than it normally would've been. Placing it down, she huffed and muttered an 'Okay one down' before stalking off to the storage closet under her stairs.

Darting her eyes around the dim space, she quickly found the items she was looking for: rope and duct tape. Her eyes lit up and hurriedly the girl placed them by the chair for easy access.

"Okay time for the hard part. You got this girl." (Y/N) pepped herself up and creeped towards the still sleeping man. He lay on his side facing away from her but with a swift motion from (Y/N) he now lay on his back. Eyes wide open and mouth ajar. (Y/N) yelped in fear at the Smiler's cold, dead eyes, thinking he was awake. But with no movement from him, she inspected him closer and noticed he didn't have any eyelids. Just frosty blue, empty eyes staring off into the void.

Her hammering heart started to calm down from the realization, "God, atleast he's still sleeping but what the fuck." she murmured.

With a trembling sigh, she put her arms under the man's pits and with as much strength as she could muster, she began to drag his limp body across the ground. It wasn't easy work for the (H/C) girl and even those 20 feet from where they once lay to the chair felt like lugging a boulder.

Huffing profusely, (Y/N) managed to lift him onto the chair. Dropping down briefly, she regained her breath and silently congratulated herself for carrying an unconscious man all alone. Her short lived praise quickly turned into a serious look as she picked up the rope.

Kneeling behind the chair, she tightly bound the Smiler's wrists together, pulling it to make sure it was secure. Immediately after, (Y/N) did the same to both of his ankles. Finishing up her work, she ripped a chunk of duct tape with her teeth and sealed his gruesome mouth.

Pulling back, she admired her handiwork, impressed by her quick thinking. Feeling slightly more in control of the situation, (Y/N) glared at the serial killer in front of her. His forever unblinking eyes ogled her, boring holes into her soul. She didn't waver under his gaze.

Instead, she confidently shoved her hand into his hoodie pocket and retrieved the weapon that brought her so much grief earlier. Tucking it into her own pocket, she scrambled to pick up the discarded gun off the floor before returning to sit a good few feet away from the man.

Suddenly remembering her injured nose, she swiped her hand over and prodded around. Nothing seemed broken, but tons of dried blood sat above her lip and on her chin. Deciding to clean it up later, she got as comfortable as she could considering there was a serial killer in front of her.

It was only a matter of time before he woke up. (Y/N) wasn't sure what she would say to him. She didn't think this far through but at least she had a little bit of comfort knowing he was tied up and weaponless. Running her hand through her messy hair, she let her mind continue shuffling through different words; trying to find the right ones to say to a mindless serial killer. Nothing seemed right.

A gruff groan knocked (Y/N) out of her trance causing her head to snap up to the source of the noise. He was awake. With furrowed brows and wild eyes he thrashed in the chair to no avail, he was ensnared in the spiders web. Quite the switch from their previous predicament.

Animalistic growls escaped his captured lips and (Y/N) could only stare. Her attackers hair flailed around in his desperate attempt and his crazed eyes burnt deep into her own. Growing tired of trying to break free, his efforts subsided and were replaced by strained, angry breathing. (Y/N) decided this was the time to speak up.

"It doesn't feel so nice being on the receiving side is it?" She didn't know if this was adrenaline talking or maybe her exhausted brain but it felt good having the upper hand. "I'm gonna take off the tape. Try anything and I'm smacking it back on you, got it?"

Steady eyes followed her approaching hand and (Y/N) peeled the tape of swiftly. As soon as she did, the Smiler's head lunged forwards trying to bite at her hand. Luckily, (Y/N)'s reflexes deflected the attack and moved away just in time. Stepping back with widened eyes she gulped as the man wore a hungry look on his carved face.

"Get me out of this shit!" he spat at the spooked girl. (Y/N) simply shook her head. The man growled yet again, gritting his teeth in pure rage. "I swear to god if you don't right now you won't like what happens to you."

(Y/N) swallowed painfully but maintained her confident front. "No. As if I would ever do that." She licked her lips anticipating his next words. She really didn't think this through.

"I don't know if you're stupid or naive. Maybe you are both. You have me captured, so what now? Do tell me what you're gonna fucking do now." he seethed through a tight grin.

(Y/N) paused, pondering what she should say. Twiddling her fingers anxiously, she had zero clue what she should do with the living killing machine. Creasing her brows, only one thing popped into her uneasy mind.

"Um well, to start.. how about we just talk?" she blurted sheepishly. Out of all things she could've said she picked to have a conversation with a murderer. (Y/N) smacked herself in her head. What a silly idea. What's next, she invites him for tea? She blamed it on exhaustion.

Knocking (Y/N) out of her stupor, the man burst into a cackle. "What?! Are you serious?! That's probably the funniest shit I heard in ages. Okay okay, you know what? I will entertain you for now girly. Make it count." he snorted.

(Y/N)'s heart pummelled in her chest with embarrassment and her brain scoured for anything to say to him. After a second of thought, she licked her dry lips and asked him a question that's been in the back of her mind, "What's your name?" Folding her quivering hands in her lap, she watched his brows raise up in amusement and his lips curl into a gut wrenching smile.

"Jeff. Jeff the Killer."