12: Knocked Out

The day passed in a blur and so did the night. After Jeff woke up from his nap (Y/N) locked herself in her room for the remainder of the day, not wishing to interact with him at all. She could hear him loitering downstairs and thumping up and down the stairs though, annoying her to her very core.

Next morning she decided she couldn't lock herself in her room all day, even if she really wanted to. Tiptoeing past Jeff's sleeping form on the couch she put together some cereal for herself and sat on the kitchen bar stool watching his slow breathing, his chest rising up and down in rhythmic patterns.

Munching silently to herself, (Y/N) zoned out, and didn't notice Jeff's once frozen body now squirming around. He jolted and suddenly jerked up into a sitting position, panting heavily. (Y/N) looked up in alarm, a mixture of concern and confusion swirling in her eyes. "Are you okay?" she asks, twirling her spoon between her cold fingers.

"I'm fine." Jeff's raspy morning voice reached her ears making her stomach twist. He yawned, his breathing now calmer, stretching his lanky limbs out as far as he could. "What are you doing here?"

(Y/N) cocked a brow up, "Uh this is my house you know." Jeff rolled his eyes at the girls sarcasm, muttering a low 'whatever' and twisting his body around so he could lay back down on the plush couch.

(Y/N) didn't enjoy whenever these silences occupied the air, always making her feel awkward in the presence of her personal torment. "It's Halloween today, you know?" she sloshed the spoon around in the milk, awaiting an answer.

"My favourite." Jeff hummed, picking at his nails. (Y/N) swallowed. "It's mine too. I was gonna make some themed cookies today." she said downing the rest of her cereal.

"What's stopping you?" the smiling man turned to face her after an eternity. (Y/N) paused, she thought it was obvious that it was because of him. Deciding to bite her tongue she just said, "Um nothing really. I guess I will then."

Jeff nodded and flipped the TV on. (Y/N) turned away and began gathering her ingredients. The plan was to make two batches of cookies, a set of pumpkins and a set of ghosts. Setting everything on the counter, (Y/N) got to work. Mixing and mixing and adding and mixing some more.

She was spreading the cookie dough out, ready to be cut with shapes, when the ring of her phone made her jump up and drop her rolling pin. Sighing, she picked up the phone which read 'Mom'. "Hi mom! What's up?" she asked while picking up the fallen rolling pin.

"Hey hon! So great news, me and your father finished our business trip early! We are coming home right now." her mom's chirpy voice sang through the phone. (Y/N)'s heart sank and panic started to set in. "When will you be home?" she tried to cover the tremor in her voice.

"About thirty minutes."

(Y/N) dropped the rolling pin on the counter and heaved a shaky breath, "Yes that's great mom! I'll see you then." (Y/N) walked out of the kitchen after hanging up, hands still covered in flour and her face riddled with anxiety.

"Jeff." her voice shook, "My parents are coming home in thirty minutes. You have to go."

"What? No." Jeff sat upright now, staring holes into (Y/N)'s face. "I told you I'm leaving tomorrow." He narrowed his eyes at the shaken girl.

"Jeff please. They will see you and they will call the police. It would get me involved too." (Y/N) regretted everything now. She was naive. She should've got rid of him a long time ago.

"Fuck no (Y/N). We made a fucking deal and that's that." Jeff was getting visibly irritated now, jaw clenched and brows furrowed.

"The deal doesn't matter right now! They're coming and you have to go. I kept up my end of the deal. You're free to go so please don't make this hard." (Y/N) pleaded, the clock ticking reminding her the arrival of her parents was coming sooner and sooner.

Jeff growled angrily, his fists held tight around his sides and his face flexed horrifically; clearly angry but his mouth forever smiling. Stomping over to (Y/N), he stood a mere foot away, both parties breathing ruggedly.

"You say the deal doesn't matter now yeah? Then I have a better idea." Before (Y/N) could utter a reply, she was punched right in the side of her head. The force knocking into her, making her dazed and confused.

Not processing what was going on, she felt herself be lifted off the ground and slung over Jeff's shoulder. Gripping onto his hoodie, she could only mumble out grunts and confused noises. Her hair splayed out in all directions and her field of vision was blocked by Jeff's wide back.

Blinking slowly, she tried to speak again. "Wh.. wha.." She felt movement. Realizing Jeff was running out now, out of her back door, out of the safety of her own home. She couldn't do anything but cry. The punch to her head being strong enough to render her weak and dazed. Tears streamed down her face, the force of being held upside down pushing the tears into her eyes, blocking any remaining vision even more.

She tried not to make any noise but the small whimper she let out in between her choked sobs alerted Jeff who promptly yelled, "Shut up!". (Y/N) clamped her mouth shut and only breathed short, haggard breaths. Her heart hammered in her chest and her lungs burned, desperate to get more oxygen than she could muster.

Her mind spun in circles, anxiety and pain rushing through her core. She weakly pushed against his back to no avail. The sound of crushing leaves beneath Jeff's feet made (Y/N) assume they were in the woods surrounding her town.

(Y/N) closed her eyes, her vision getting spotty and blurred, and with the last remaining strength in her voice, she murmured a quiet 'Please..' and succumbed to the darkness.

A/N: It's my birthday today! I just turned 19 :)