38

The car was loaded down with luggage and the four women were buckled into their seats. "Everybody ready?" Lena asked. "All set here!" Alex and Sam chimed in from the back seat. "All good here Lee." Kara replied from the passenger seat. "Let's go then!" Lena stated as they pulled out into the road. "So do we have a list of place we'll be looking at?" Sam asked. "Yes, there's about ten places we want to check out." Kara replied. "Sounds like fun!" Sam replied. "Are you considering the barn?" Alex asked. "Yea, thats actually on our list." Kara replied. "The barn?" Sam asked looking at Alex.

"It's an old barn our family owns. It's up in the woods in a clearing, Kara and I used to sit up there when we needed some alone time. It'd be perfect for a wedding. We can hang lights from the beams and a dj can set up in a corner and there's plenty of places to have food tables. And that leaves the rest of the room for a dance floor." Alex explained. Lena remained silent as she thought about this idea. "That'll be the first place we look." Lena replied. "Works for me darling." Kara replied.

A few hours later they arrived at Eliza's house and were now completely unpacked. "I've ordered several pizzas and several orders of potstickers for dinner so relax till they arrive and tell me where you two are gonna be looking at." Eliza stated. "Well the first place we'd like to look at is the barn in the clearing in the woods behind the house." Lena replied. "Ohh! Yes Alex and Kara's secret hideout. What don't look at me like that I knew exactly where you two went off to when you thought no one knew." Eliza replied.

"How did you know?" Alex asked. "I followed you and waited for you to leave. That's when I found the empty potstickers boxes and pizza boxes. I put two and two together. I knew you two needed your alone time and a safe place to bond so I never said anything about it. But you're right it would be an excellent place to watch my youngest daughter to get married."  Eliza replied. "That's the food!" Kara stated as she rushed to the door to grab it. "Thanks!" Kara told the delivery guy before returning to the living room and setting everything up on the coffee table.

That night as everyone ate they made plans on what do with the barn to make it perfect for the wedding.