31

Two weeks later Lena had picked up the ring and was now finding a place to hide it where Kara wouldn't find it. With this weekend being their six month anniversary she needed things to be prepared. The annual gala was also this weekend so Lena began putting a plan in place. She convinced Eliza to come to the gala and had made arrangements for Sam and Alex to decorate the rooftop again like they did for when she confessed her feelings to Kara. There would be string lights strung up, a small bluetooth speaker off in a corner that was ready to play their song. 'Wanna be yours.' As the song would play Lena would purpose to Kara while everyone came up and joined them snapping pictures of them. "Lee?" Kara spoke pulling her from her thoughts. "Hmm?" Lena replied. "Have you gotten your dress yet?" Kara asked. "Oh yea. I got it the other day." Lena replied with a smile. "Oh good. I'm so nervous about hosting the gala." Kara stated.

"Relax darling. Everything will be fine. Now what would you like to have for lunch?" Lena asked. "Hmm? I'm good with whatever. Just no kale." Kara replied as they got ready for work on this Friday morning. "Ok...I'll think of something. Come on love." Lena replied with a smile as they headed to the car. "I have to talk to Cat..she wants to have a meeting about something." Kara grumbled as she looked at the message on her phone. "Maybe she's promoting you!" Lena replied. "Doubtful. She'll probably ask me to get her coffee or something." Kara grumbled. "Relax love. I'm sure it'll be ok." Lena replied as they pulled up to CatCo. "See you later Lee! Love you!" Kara called out as they shared a quick kiss.

Kara walked into the building and headed to Cat's office. "Kiera! How are the plans coming for tomorrow night?" Cat asked. "Good! Everything is ready. Food will be delivered and set up one hour before the event. The alcohol has been delivered already, and everything is decorated." Kara replied. "Good! Good! Now...you know I'm stepping down after tonight right?" Cat asked. "Yes Miss Grant! I know." Kara replied. "Good! Sit down!" Cat stated. Kara did as she was told and waited. "I'll be introducing the person who will be the next CEO at the gala." Cat stated. "Ok...what do you need me to do?" Kara asked. "Write an acceptance speech of course! You're gonna be the new CEO of Cat Co." Cat exclaimed.