32

"And she just dumped the news on you? Just like that?" Lena asked her girlfriend as they sat on her sofa in her eating their lunch. "Yea! She said 'write an acceptance speech cause I'm gonna be the new CEO!' Then she told me to take the rest of the day off to prepare my speech." Kara replied as she put another potsticker in her mouth. "Well congratulations darling. You deserve it! I'm so proud of you!" Lena replied as she hugged the blonde. "Thank you Lee. I've extended an invitation to Eliza and she's coming down for it. I haven't told her about the news yet, I want her and everyone else to be surprised. I haven't even told Alex. So I'd appreciate if you didn't tell Sam please." Kara adds. "I promise I won't say a word darling. This is your news to share and if you want them to be shocked then so be it." Lena replied with a smile.

They continue talking until Jess comes in to let Lena know that she has a meeting soon. "I'll see you at home Lee." Kara says as she kisses Lena's lips again before leaving L Corp. As soon as Kara's gone Lena looks at Jess before asking her a question. "Is everything set up for tomorrow night? Lights? Music? Everything?" Lena asks her assistant. "Yes! Everything is ready and Mrs. Danvers hotel room is prepared. She doesn't know you invited her already does she?" Jess asks. "No. And I like it that way. Now...is there anything I'm forgetting?" Lena asks. "Not that I can think of. Everyone is on board and knows what they have to do tomorrow night. And your driver is picking up Mrs. Danvers at seven o'clock tomorrow night and the gown you bought has been delivered to the hotel room. Mrs. Danvers will be arriving this afternoon at your penthouse, and your dinner reservations are at six o'clock. So if I were you Miss Luthor, I'd take the rest of the day off. And tell Kara that your meeting was canceled due to problems with the wireless connection." Jess adds. "Jess! What would I do without you?" Lena teases. "Be single and pining over Kara forever..." Jess replies with a smile.