27

"You must be Lucy Lane..." Sara stated as she leaned against the doorframe. "Yes..who are you?" Lucy asked. "I'm Kara Danvers best friend...besides Alex. I'm here to get your mind of Kara. So let's go! You're coming with me!" Sara stated. "Why? Did Kara send you to do this?" Lucy asked. "Yes and no...she told me that there was a girl in the security room that was my type so here I am. Now? Are you gonna go out with me? Or not?" Sara asked eying her closely. Lucy looked at her before getting up to clock out for the night. "Fine..." Lucy stated as she followed the blonde out the door.

After a quick stop at a flower shop Kara entered L Corp holding a bag of burgers and drinks in one hand, and a bouquet of plumerias in the other. Jess waved her through with a knowing smile. "Hey Lee!" Kara exclaimed happily. "Hey Kara! Whats with the flowers? Not that I'm complaining." Lena asked. "Do I need a reason to bring my girlfriend flowers?" Kara asked. "Not really, but I'm still curious." Lena replied. "There an early birthday gift. It's your birthday week Lee so all week so you're gonna be receiving random gifts all week. From me at least and that starts with your favorite flowers." Kara explained.

Lena looked at the blonde with love radiating off her. "I love you Kara! And thank you for the flowers!" Lena cooed as she put them in a vase before joining Kara on the sofa. "I love you too Lena. And you're welcome babe! You deserve the whole world." Kara replied as she kissed Lena's lips before they began eating. "My favorite flowers and big belly burger on the first day of my 'birthday week' I can't wait to see what else you have in store for me." Lena stated sipping her shake.

"All things you'll love Lee! Oh! I found a way to get Lucy off my tail!" Kara added. "How did you manage that?" Lena asked. "Do you remember Sara Lance?" Kara asked. "Yea...she was another one that kept flirting with you." Lena growled. "I know...I know...but I told her that Lucy was single and she went to the security office and managed to get Lucy to go out with her today. So here's to setting those two up! Now you have me all to yourself, no Lucy, no Sara trying to flirt with me." Kara stated with a smile. "Mmmm! I like the sounds of this... How is work going?" Lena asked.

"Slow. Not a lot going on in the news department right now. What about your day? Anything interesting going on?" Kara asked. "Not really. Just had the one meeting today." Lena replied with a smile. "That's good Lee!" Kara replied. "Yea...I was thinking we could play hookie the rest of the day?" Lena asked. "I don't...oh shot! There's a rouge alien in the park...I'll be right back." Kara groaned as she stood up and began taking off her shirt. Lena sat back watching as her girlfriend tore off her clothes and flew out of her open balcony door. 'It's now or never Luthor...you've got to purpose to that woman.' She told herself as she finished her burger.