Chapter 10

Here it is, chapter 10! Hope you enjoy it!

In the back of the white van, Chase (in his normal clothes) was handcuffed and was sitting in the back, but every time Butch turned a corner, he'd move either back against the wall, or forwards towards the other side. "Stop this vehicle right now! I'm a superhero and you're under arrest!" Chase spoke confidently. Ruben looked over his left shoulder. "Oh no, you hear that, Butch? We're under arrest... by a teenage dog!" Ruben spoke sarcastically, causing the two to laugh. Suddenly they heard a loud rumbling sound. "Hey, what's that? Is something wrong with the engine?" Butch asked, confused as he moved his head around. Chase downwards. "No. It's just my stomach. I'm hungry." Chase answered, looking upwards. "Oh, your hungry? Well, guess what? Butch here is always hungry." Ruben replied. "No, I'm not!" Butch said back. "Yes, you are!" Ruben said back, looking efteards at him. "No, I'm not!" Butch replied, looking rightwards at his partner sternly, while Chase looked confused. They were grown cats, yet here they were, acting like children. Ruben then looked through the window, while Ruben's head was still facing rightwards, still glaring. "Hey, eyes on the road!" Butch yelled, as Ruben having his eyes off the road caused the van to turn rightwards onto the pavement and into some bins. After that Butch straightened up the van. "So unprofessional!" Ruben exclaimed with his arms folded. A few minutes later, the van stopped in front of an old school building, taking no notice of the no parking sign outside, even crashing into it, causing the sign to tip over. They both got out, opened the back doors, and grabbed Chases arms and dragged him through the door. Through the building they went, Chase noticing each door was locked and had a red ligth besides it. "Keep moving, kid." Ruben ordered as he pulled Chase down the corridor, Chase looking leftwards at one of the doors, seeing a adult dog looking through the window with a sad expression on his face. "Let me go, you brute!" Chase protested as he tried to get out of Ruben's grip, but it was no use. They came upon the last rightwards door, Ruben pressing a grey button on the side, making the red ligth turn green, and then he opened the door, took a key from his right pocket with his right hand, unlocked the handcuffs, and immediately kicked Chase into the room, his hands flying out of the handcuffs as he fell into the room, and then fell onto the floor and on his back. "Welcome to your new home. Be nice to your roommates." Ruben announced before he slammed the door shut.

 Chase got up on his feet, turned around leftwards to see him a classroom, but instead of desks and seats, there were bunk beds placed parallel on his left and right. He noticed seven adult dogs either sitting or lying on their bunks. "What is this place?" Chase asked nervously. "This is the old fuzzy buddies primary school, newbie. Welcome." A middle aged English Sheepdog, wearing a red shirt and dark blue jeans said as he came towards him. "What?" Chase asked, then suddenly he heard a familiar voice speak come from his left. "Ugh, old man Barney, how many times do I have to tell you? It's not a school anymore." The voice, revealing itself to be Delores, getting down off her top bunk and walking over to them. Chase was shocked to see her here, but then he remembered not seeing her in the hallways and classes at school in the past week. She had assumed that maybe she was off sick or something, but it clearly now looked like this. "Mayor Humdinger and his goons took over this place and turned into a... a... a... what's the word?" Delores struggled to add. "Jail? Internment camp? Concentration camp?" A male adult light brown Labrador Retriever, wearing a white dress shirt with the top buttons undone, and black trousers, on Chase's left spoke asked. "Uh, yep." Delores replied, a bit annoyed at the long answer. "Old Humdinger not exactly an equality guy." The retriever added. "Yeah, he's more of a cat guy." Delores spoke bluntly. "His goons are rounding up any dog they can get their hands on and locking them up in here." The retriever explained. "By the way, have we met before? I feel like I've seen you somewhere." Delores then said, taking a step closer to Chase, narrowing her eyes. "Yeah, Delores. We go to the same high school." Chase answered, before a male white and brown Jack Russell Terrier, with bloodshot eyes, wearing a red and green shirt, with jeans, ran up to him. "Don't let your guard down in here. There's one guy you gotta watch out for. He'll sneak up behind you when you least suspect it." He rambled crazily, and then he looked over his left shoulder, his eyes looking downwards and he saw his own tail wagging. "There he is! Don't worry, guys! I'll protect you!" He yelled out as he began running round and round in a circle, heading towards three boxes lying against the wall. He reached them, trooped on the bottom one, and fell down onto his back on the other stacked up two. "He got away!" He yelled out, looking over his body, taking no notice of the situation he was in. "Cabin fever." The retriever whispered to Chase, who looked spooked. "I've gotta get out of here." He muttered "So what's your story, kid?" The Retriever asked him, before he looked down in sadness. "I don't even know any more. I thought I was a member a group, had friends, but now I feel like they're better off without me. It's not them, it was me. I wish I've never been born." Chase answered sadly. "What makes you say a thing like that?" The Retriever asked, his voice of concern and surprise. "I messed up and let everybody down." Chase answered. "Ugh, I can't even with all this negativity." Delores spoke, before she began walking away from the two of them. "Just ignore her. As you probably know from school, she's all bark, but no bite. Now pick yourself a bunk. You're gonna be here a while. Dinner is a 6. Lights out at 9." The Retriever advised Chase. He looked rightwards to see an empty bunk bed, so he turned rightwards, walked towards it, and lied down on the bottom bunk, his stomach growling again.