Chapter 4

Here it is, the fourth chapter! Hope you enjoy it! In this chapter, they discover their powers.

It was a bright Saturday morning, and the pups were waking up and getting out of bed.

In her house, Everest, wearing a light blue satin pyjamas, sat up of her bed,noticing the Crystal on her beside table, picked it up with her left hand, and twiddled it around for a seconds before she let out a sign, noticing the breath come out, which she knew too well only happens when it's cold, but she didn't feel any cold. She then grabbed the bedside top with her right hand, which suddenly upon contact began to get covered in ice! She felt something strange in her hand, looked at the ice covered bedside, saw her paw was glowing light blue, exclaimed in shock as she removed her hand, the glow stopping, the ice, which was weak, cracked up and fell down, hitting the floor. Everest looked at her right hand in shock, her breath condensing as she panted. "Everest, are you okay?" A male voice asked from outside, which made her turn leftwards to face the door. "I'm fine, Jake!" She shouted back, throwing the Crystal onto her bed.

In his house, Marshall, wearing red pyjamas, walking into the bathroom as he stretched his arms out, before he held out his left hand, the crystal in it as he stared at it, getting a good look in the bathroom light. He felt a weird feeling flow around his body then it headed for his right arm and hand, so he held it up. Then saw his right hand was glowing orange and then held held it up, then he clenched it into a fist, and, just a few seconds later, a ball of fire formed just above it! "Whoa!" Marshall yelled out in shock as he shock his right hand and arm up and down, opening up his left hand, letting the crystal fall to the floor, the ball of fire falling down onto the orange carpet on the floor, a flame now in the centre of it. He gasped as he grabbed with his left hand a nearby plastic cup and filled it as quickly as he could with water from the tap, and poured it all on the fire, the initial tiny bit of smoke rising up, a circular hold in the middle of the carpet with a black outside. Marshall stared down at the hole in wonderment and confusion, the Crystal having slid just under the bath.

In her apartment, Skye, wearing a pink satin nigthtie, put on her pink dressing down as she took her crystal from under her pillow with her right hand. She looked at it with a shrug before she put it in her right pocket. Then she walked over to her mirror and looked at herself. She grabbed her brush with her left hand, and as she moved her arm up to her face, her left hand glowed pink, and suddenly she felt something like her ears pointing straight upwards into the air, then her whole body started to float up into the air! She looked down to see her feet glowing pink as well, moved her right hand out of her right pocket, her hand also glowing while clutching the crystal, as she then floated In a semi circular position carried by her feet, her back facing the roof, before she let go of her brush and the crystal, and then she fell down onto her stomach onto the floor with groan. She looked rightwards towards where the crystal had slid to. "Did that just happen?" She asked in shock.

In his house, Chase, wearing blue and yellow striped pyjamas, got up out of bed and stretched his arms out with a yawn, before he walked to his bedroom door and opened it before he stopped in his tracks, and turned around rightwards, to see the crystal on his bedside table, walking over to it, grabbed it with his right hand and looked at it. "What am I doing with this? It's just a stupid plain crystal." He muttered to himself with a frown and a scoff, thinking he'd just wasted his effort with having this crystal on him. "Chase, you up? Breakfast is served!" He heard Ryder call from downstairs. "Coming, Ryder!" He called back before he ran out of the room, but as he ran, both his hands began glowing pale blue, and his running speed began increasing, and before he knew it, he was the top of the stairs, and in less than a second, he had gone down the stairs and rammed straight into the hallway wall! The impact made him fall onto his back as he let go of the crystal, which flew across the floor. He moved his head as back (or up) as he could, seeing the stairs, completely bewildered by what had just happened! He'd got from his room to the bottom floor of his house in just a few seconds! "What was that, Chase? Are you okay?" He heard Ryder's voice as he looked rightwards to see him entering the hallway with a look of concern. "Don't worry, I'm fine, just tripped on a lose floorboard." Chase replied as he got up. "Okay." Ryder replied with an unsure look as he turned around and walked back to where he had come from. Chase didn't like lying, but he had no explanation for what happened. Then his stomach rumbled. For some reason, he felt more hungry than he was a few seconds ago.