Chapter 9

Here it is, chapter 9. Hope you enjoy it!

Chase, wearing a blue and white stripe shirt and jean shorts, the crystal necklace around his neck, was at the old warehouse, with the others. He had learned that over the week and weekend, the rest of the group had exchanged phone numbers, giving them some form of communication with each other. After Chase got the call from Liberty, he called Marshall, who then called the others and told them to meet up at the warehouse, all with their crystal necklaces. Chase was giving them a brief of what was going on. "Okay. That's the problem. We need to get there, get those passengers of the subway train, while keeping the structure from falling over. You understand." Chase explained, looking at them all, and to which they each nodded, some with a grin/smile. "Uh... I'm not sure about getting sick at the start again." Rubble spoke unsure. Chase gave and unsure look back (leftwards) at him. "Anyway, we've all got our crystals. So I guess it's time to suit up. If we can." Chase spoke hesitantly, looking down at his crystal necklace and the bottom off his fur with his right hand. "Uh... maybe we press them?" Everest asked (wearing a ), and then touched her right index finger at the teal mountain symbol. Nothing happened. "Maybe your supposed to do it more than once?" Rocky (wearing a ), then touched the green recycling symbol with his left index finger twice, nothing happening, and then a few seconds later, touched it again, 3 times, which caused the symbol to light up, and the suit began forming out of it, over his body, and then lit up. "Oh. Just like that." Rocky muttered in surprise, a smile forming on his face. He looked leftwards to watch the others touch their necklaces 3 times, which caused their suits to form. "LETS GO, MIGHTY PUPS!" They all shouted, getting into a circle, putting their arms and hands in the middle, a few seconds later, Chase running them all out super fast, or as the public was now calling it, super speed.

Chase (the others flapping back, his arms flowing back again) ran them to the street by the rings, and then stopped, letting them all onto the ground (Rubble, Everest, and Rocky on the right, Zuma, Marshall, and Skye on the left). He looked over his right shoulder to see them all stand up, and suddenly then leaned their upper bodies down and vomited again, thought it was a lot less than before. "We're gonna need to work on transportation, cause this way clearly makes you sick." Chase spoke as they stopped and leaned up, getting over it. "Ugh. I told you guys this would happen again." Rubble moaned, his mouth open. "I can believe Humdinger felt this was a good idea." Rocky spoke as he came upon Chase's right. "The subways wild enough without a stinking loop the loop." Everest added, on Rocky's right. "Hey, Migthy Pups!" They all heard a female voice say and looked rightwards to see a female golden retriever police officer standing nearby, a smile on her face. "Reporting for duty." Marshall announced proudly, doing a salute. Suddenly they all heard the sounds of metal creaking, looked leftwards to see the ring with the train on it was starting to bend and buckle and move slightly. it's orange supporting beams being unable to bear the strain, clearly not designed to hold the ring with the train up for long periods of time. Even from that distance, they could hear the passengers screaming. "Ok. Rocky, try to keep that ring still with your magnet powers. Skye, try to help from the air, at the top." Chase ordered, looking rightwards at Rocky, then leftwards at Skye. "I've got an idea to help. Come with me, Zuma." Rubble then spoke and then ran from the group towards a small building site across the street, Zuma, thought unsure, ran after him. "Okay,... in the meantime, Rocky, Skye, go ahead." Chase ordered. "On it!" Rocky replied before he ran towards the ring. "Let's take to the sky!" Skye announced before she took off and flew towards the ring.

Rocky ran over to below the third ring, stopped in the middle of it, held out his hands and closed his eyes, letting his hands glow, and then used his powers to keep the slightly swaying ring still, thought it was still leaning a bit. Skye flew up onto the top of the ring, her body level with it, turned leftwards, grabbed the leaning side with both hands, positioned her body so her arms were holding it straight down, her legs open out in between, and then she used her strength to move float herself backwards, her legs bending a bit as she started, moving the ring into its level position. Down below, Rocky (whilst looking upwards) still held on, but then as he looked down he was the ground in between the beams was cracking up. "Uh, guys, the grounds cracking up! Any ideas?!" He yelled out to the others, then looked leftwards to see Rubble and Zuma running towards them, Rubble pulling in both hands behind him a cement turner (Zuma running alongside on his right). "Quick-dry cement coming up!" Rubble announced as they stopped as they came upon the first cracks, him and Zuma then moving a turner, Rubble going for the first ones, Zuma doing the ones further up. Rubble moved the turner down, making quick-dry cement pour out of the turner, covering the cracks and the bottom of the beams, while running along the cracks, getting every nook and cranny covered, Zuma doing the same with his "The track is secure!" Rubble announced after they had covered the last cracks, Skye letting go and flying over the ring and downwards. "Nice one, Rubble." Zuma complimented with a smile, looking leftwards at him. "Thanks. But it was your water that helped us get the cement we needed." Rubble said back, as the others ran up to him. Rocky stopped his paws glowing as he took a few steps back, lowing his arms. "Okay. The track looks secure enough. It'll hold for now." Rocky explained. "Okay. Now we need to get those people out of there." Chase said, looking upwards at the ring/train. "Okay. Skye, get me up there so I can see what's happening up there." Chase then ordered, looking over his right shoulder at Skye. "Uh... okay." Skye responded, before she flew down to him, grabbed him with both arms on the chest, being careful to avoid the parachute cord, the then lifted him up. Chase had his eyes closed as they went up, which Skye noticed. "Ihhh. How can you see what's happening with your eyes closed?" She asked, confused. "Are we near the train yet?" Chase asked back, with a hint of nervousness in his voice. "Are you okay? Can you do this?" Skye asked, unsure and still confused. "I can do this!" Chase spoke back, his Volume a bit louder than before, but he also his his arms and chest and head in confident way, which caused Skye to lose her grip and bit, causing him to slip a little, meaning his face looked downwards at the ground, some whimpers coming out of his mouth, his face still as his breathing started getting deeper. He moved/leaned his head backwards into Skye's head, panting heavily, his eyes wide with fear. "Chase? You okay?" Skye asked after regaining her grip on Chase, moving him over to left a little bit, then used her right hand to turn his face rightwards to look at him, his mouth gaping open a bit as he panted and wide eyes. "Chase? You all right?" Skye asked again, putting her right hand near his mouth feeling his pulse was high. Her eyes narrowed in realisation. "Hang on. Are you scared of heights?" She asked carefully. Chase didn't respond. Skye shook her head and made a decision. She then flew downwards towards the group, getting Chase onto the ground, let him go, then floated up a bit more, Chase just standing as still as a stone. Marshall stepped up to and had a look at his frozen face.