Chapter 8

Here it is, chapter 8! Hope you enjoy it.

The group, minus Chase, who said he needed to clear his head after what had just happened, were standing in a kind in front of City Hall, which had burn marks all over it, having their pictures taken by some photographers in front of them, Liberty among them, with a proud smile on her face. Nearby a crowd had gathered, who were either looking at them, applauding them, or taking pictures on their phones. The line was, from left to right: Rocky, Rubble, Everest, Skye, Marshall and Zuma. After having some pictures taken, they walk went towards Chase, who was sitting on a nearby bench among some trees. Those that were peckish/hungry after using their powers took out a ration pack, ripped open the top and ate it. They came upon Chase with a sad look on his face, looking downwards. "You okay, Chase? How do you feel?" Marshall asked, an energy bar with a fourth of it eaten in his left hand, and a small grey thin rectangular water bottle in his right hand. Chase's stomach then growled. "Well, besides my hungry stomach... I can't believe my suit had a parachute in it. Nor can't I believe I almost fell into that fire. I could've been killed!" Chase replied, not looking at them. "Well, thankfully Rubble was there to save you." Marshall spoke, before he took a bite of his bar, looked rightwards at Rubble, who (his mouth full of bar) grinned proudly. "But what if he wasn't? We won't be able to always reply on each other. Besides it was our first mission, and I nearly died! I mean, what if something happened to those people and it was all my fault?" Chase asked, clearly in a sour mood. "Maybe we're in over our heads." He muttered softly. "Don't say that. We did it. We saved innocent people. Besides, how were you supposed to know you had a parachute in your suit?" Everest asked. "No. It was my fault. I pulled the cord on your suit. Don't blame yourself." Skye spoke sadly/regretfully, looking at him. Chase made eye contact for a second, before looking down again. Then Liberty came up to them. "Wow! Just wow! You did it, kids! You actually did it! I really love the suits!" He exclaimed proudly, with a wide smile on her face. "Thanks, Liberty. Now, question is, what do we do with them once we're finished with them for the day?" Rocky asked, looking downwards at his suit. "Yeah, dudes. How do we take them off?" Zuma added, also looking downwards at his suit. Suddenly the half circle area flowed bright, causing their arms to flow off their arms, their legs flowing upwards, the whole suit, flowing into the half circle area, and the half circle was left, it shone bright white in a circle, the light fading to reveal a half circle pendent with a necklace forming around their necks. The pendent had a different symbol in the centre, of their favourite colour (Marshall's a fire emblem, Everest a mountain, Skye a propeller, Zuma an Anchor, Chase a star, Rubble a screwdriver, Rocky a recycling symbol). "And just like that, question answered. Well, guys, see you around." Marshall spoke, before he turned around leftwards and headed towards home. A few seconds later, the others split up too, leaving Chase sitting there. Liberty could tell he needed someone alone time so she gave him a nod and left.

Later, that night, Chase couldn't sleep. Not only because of his hungry, empty, growling stomach (Ryder, who had been among those caught up in the fireworks, but was unscathed, had not done dinner since he too was in shock from the scary experience), but because of his emotional state. Sleeping in just hid boxes, he kept turning around and around in his bed, until finally he opened his eyes and got up and looked out of the window (he hadn't closed the curtains earlier),  and stared out of the window, looking at the city, the clear black sky, the full moon.

"Guardians. Heros. Dogs in cool outfits. Whatever you call them, The Migthy Pups were to save the city from Mayor Humdinger's disastrous fireworks display. As a professional reporter and journalist, it's important that I remain unbiased. That being said, YIKES! An embarrassing start for Mayor Humdinger, but an incredible debut for the Migthy P-" Marty Muckraker said on the news the next day, which was then changed to talk show after talk show, each one talking about the heros. The changing then stopped and a few seconds later, a shoe was thrown at the TV screen, cracking it up. The shoe was thrown by Humdinger, who was in his office at City Hall. "Migthy Pups! Migthy Pups! I'm sick and fired of hearing about the Migthy Pups! I finally become Mayor and get a chance to make a name for myself. Now they're all over the TV, newspapers, magazines and social media, stealing my headlines!" Humdinger ranted, as he pulled his shoe off the TV set, and put it back on his right foot, his desk covered in newspapers and magazines, the Migthy Pups on every front page. "Butch, Ruben, get in here!" He ordered, the door behind him opening a second later, Butch against the door, Ruben to his right, so he turned rightwards. "I want the Migthy Pups off the streets. Find them, catch them, and lock them away." Humdinger ordered. "Yes, Sir." Butch replied. "Right away, Sir." Ruben added, before Butch closed the door. Humdinger then turned around leftwards. "The Migthy Pups have humiliated me for the first and last time." Humdinger spoke to himself, before the door opened again. "Sorry, did you say something?" Butch asked, as Humdinger looked over his right shoulder. "What? N-no. I was just having private moment. Talking to myself. Now get out of here!" He ordered, the door closing a moment later.