Chapter 3

Here it is, chapter 3! Hope you enjoy it!

Later that evening, things were busy for some of the pups.

Chase, wearing Soccar shoes, a yellow team shirt and blue school team shorts, was running around the field, up against their opponents, in purple shirts and black shorts. Marshall was watching in the audience. Everest, wearing a blue jersey and yellow shorts, was dribbling the ball in the basketball court, against their opponents. Skye was watching in the audience. 

Rubble was sitting at his desk at home, doing homework while eating a Mirage chocolate bar. 

Zuma was at the swimming pool, wearing blue trunks with yellow stripes on the side, goggles over his eyes. He stepped up onto a diving block. Then he put his left foot on the edge of the block, placing his right foot on the upwards facing rear part, bent his body forwards, arms out forwards. The horn went off, then he and the others dived into the pool, and began doing breaststroke.

Rocky was opening the fridge at home, pulled out a beer bottle and walked into the lounge where there was a obese Scottish Terrier watching TV, with Rocky's eye colour, but they were bloodshot, his black fur messy, sitting on the sofa, wearing a black shirt with jeans. Rocky placed the bottle on the table on the Terrier's (who was his father) left, then turned around leftwards and headed for the door. "I'm going out, Dan." He spoke (he hasn't called his father 'dad' in a long time) as he opened it, not wanting to be in this place he had to call home any longer than he had to.

The soccer score was 10-10 and was on the last minute. Chase kicked the ball away from a Boxer dog, kicking it towards the goal. Zuma reached the end of the pool, touched the end with his left paw and legs, moved his body a little to face the other way, kicked himself off the wall, and resumed doing breastroke. The basketball score was 34-35 and on the last minute. Everest got the ball off a Tabby Cat, dribbled it towards the opponents hoop. Chase came upon the goal. Everest got to within the arch. He kicked the ball. She threw the ball up, the clock starting the final 10 seconds, with then went into the hoop, getting 2 points. The ball went past the goalkeeper, scoring a goal. The final whistle was then  blown. Zuma finished his final lap of the pool, in first place, the second swimmer just a second before him. The clock reached zero. At 11 goals to 10, Adventure City High won the match. At 36-35, Adventure City High won the game. The crowds cheered, the teammates, coming over to Chase and Everest and praising them patting them.

Later, Chase met Marshall outside the changing room, back in his clothes and a blue and yellow varsity jacket, rucksack on his back. "Hey, buddy. Well done!" Marshall said with a smile before they High-fived. "Yeah, thanks, buddy. At least someone I know came." Chase replied, the smile on his face disappearing. "Couldn't come, eh?" Marshall asked, though he already knew the answer. "Yeah, work." Chase replied. "Yeah, my folks couldn't come too. You know much much hours they work." Marshall said back Then Chase shrugged. "I gotta find Everest. We have a bet to focus on." He spoke before he ran out, Marshall following behind. Everest, wearing a blue hoodie over her jersey, towel around her neck, rucksack on her back, came up to Skye. "Hey, Skye. We won!" Everest exclaimed with a smile. "Yeah. Dump em' high!" She said before they both clapped each other's paws, then turned around and bent their upper bodies forwards, showing their rears to each other. "And from behind!" They both said, before they impacted their rears together. They turned to each each other again. "Girl power, right?" Everest asked proudly. "Uh... yeah." Skye said back. "Hey, I need to find Chase. We've got a bet to settle." Everest said remembered before she took the towel off her neck, threw it on the chair nearby, and ran towards the door, Skye running after her.

The Daschund newspaper woman was riding her scooter by a park, which she then stopped due to traffic.  She looked at the road ahead of her when something caught her eye. She looked rightwards/upwards to see an orange light in the just darkened sky. And something about it seemed a little off, as it seemed to be getting bigger.