Chapter thirty nine

CASSANDRA KHAN

As our lives settles down and we pick up a routine, my first obstacle is staying at home. The following days are fine.

I talk to my sister almost every day, when she is at home somewhere in the evening is morning hours here which is our perfect time to catch up.
She is my morning routine and then the rest of the day, I'm just there doing nothing. Eventually, Aaron's siblings call me too but I mostly talk to Cami.

However nothing seems to fill in the void of being jobless.
Aaron wouldn't let me help work at the inn, even with this house he was cooperative because our family was on to him but then also he wouldn't stop telling me how he wasn't okay with me doing those hard chores.
But I still negotiated helping at the inn but he firmly decided turned me down, emphasize on firmly.

I have read almost the books that I borrowed but I can't live the rest of my life sitting on the couch, watching shows and reading only.
So in the morning as I talked with my sister she gave me this amazing idea.

I should go back to school.
I don't think Aaron would deprive me of that but at this rate, school is better than going crazy sitting in one place and doing nothing.

As we approach closer and closer to the Inn, my sister's idea keeps sounding perfect and fitting as I think about it more.

When the driver reaches the inn, I pay and walk out of the cab. The work on the inn has been going well too, though with the remodeling they are doing it will take four to five months for it to be up and running again.

I walk in and watch my feet for an unwanted nail piercing through my feet before I catch a familiar face.
My face brightens up at the image of my man. He is busy working and he is standing on a radar passing woods to someone who is on the second floor. I know this shouldn't be any sexier than it is, but I have never seen him looking any sexier than he does.

I take my time appreciating and drinking the image in my mind to be used in time of need, if you know what I mean.
I think I should start paying more visits to this place than I did. It turns out it could be worth of my time.

"Eye fucking him at the day broad light, really? With the presence of all this horny dorks that are returning the favor." My heart almost flies out of my chest, first at the sudden company and second at the remark.

I turn my face to the side to narrow my eyes at Hedrick, knocking my subconscious head in the process.
Of course, it had to be him with all the confidence to tell me what he just did.

"Knock it off, Hedrick." I hiss at him.
I look back ahead at Aaron and it's then his gaze meets mine. He smiles at me. "I didn't know you were coming to see me?" I shrug. He nods his head that he understands.
He says something to the guy that he was transferring wood to and then descending the radar.

He walks to where I am standing and leans in to kiss me, I return the kiss leaning my whole being into him.
He pulls back and groans as he pecks my lips. "I would hug you if I weren't sweaty and in this type of clothes." I offer him a smile, God this man is to die for. "I don't mind," I say putting my arms around his neck, he hesitates in my embrace for a second before tightening his strong arms around me, swiftly and warmly rocking me in his chest.

We pull back and he grins at me.
"Let's go someplace calm?" He says reaching for my hand and picking up the bag that I rested on the ground then leading me out with him.
I turn my head to glance back at Hedrick who is still standing right where we left him.

He raises two fingers in the air and waves them once at me.
I turn my head and watch right where we are heading, but then I tilt my head to the side to gaze at Aaron. "Why didn't you greet Hedrick? He was right there beside me that's rude."