Chapter eight

CASSANDRA KHAN

I offer him a smile, my heart is thumbing rapidly fast in my chest but I sit there beside him like everything is fine.
Like my heart and mind aren't at a battle of what each wants me to feel.

I didn't realize the ride was long until we pulled somewhere I don't know, it's not at his resort.

I turn to him. "Where are we?" I ask him. He looks my way reaches for my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"Do you trust me?" What? I arch my brows in confusion.
I don't have an answer to that so I just pose a question back. "Does it matter?" He nods his head.
Well, am torn.
How do you trust a stranger?
It's even ridiculous of him to ask me that. Boy, we met a few days ago.

"Aaron, that's uh... a hard question to answer," I said gazing into his eyes thinking of how well to put my words together and make a sense sentence for him to not make things awkward between us.

He looks at me too, while I am in my thoughts he raises my hand that is in his up to his lips and lays a butterfly kiss at the back of it again, still holding my gaze.
After that, he leans in and blushes his lips on mine. "You don't have to think much of it." Then he touches his lips with mine firmly and kisses me.
It is a sweet teasing kiss that has me closing my eyes and dwelling on the moment.

"I wanted you to come with me to the Bahamas. I and my siblings have this thing where we meet in summer at one of our family's resorts and just bond. Well, we mostly lead different lives in different countries so we do it also like a meet me up and catch up thing, I...I had a hard time convincing myself to ask you too, wondering how you will think about it. I know Cassy, I know we only just met, and don't feel pressured to say yes or anything. If it doesn't feel right to you just tell me." He squeezes my hand and I blink.

For a second I was lost.
Wow.

"Tell me what you feel, and then we will have dinner then have a good time baby, don't feel pressured please." I look at him feeling torn on what to do.

The only thing that was holding me back was the fear of my parents if they were to discover that I was out of the country with someone they didn't know of, hell scratch that it would be hell if they were to hear that I was out of the country no matter if I were alone or with someone.

"I don't even have a passport with me here." I voice out to him.

"I will take care of that." I arch my brows. "Illegally Aaron?" He smiles turning to look away for a second before looking back at me and then offering a one-shoulder shrug.

"Something like that but it's not illegal, who are we going to be doing bad at? Something to be illegal is for it to be endangering to other human beings." I giggle at him.

"Okay, preacher I was just teasing," I say with a smile on my face matching the one that was on his. "For how long is this meet-me-up and the catch-up thing anyway."

"Two weeks." I nod my head at him.
I could work with that, am here with my sister for a month, I get my admission in three weeks then be off in two comings one if everything goes by my plan.

"Do you mind if I talk with my sister," I say to him and he looks somehow surprised.

"Does it mean you are coming?"
I smirk at him because he sounds surprised. What does he take me for?

"You sound so surprised, is it so surprising that I am considering it?" He smiles again. Damn, those white teeth of his.
"What do you take me for Mr Hernandez?"

His Adam's apple bop before he cracks a chuckle. "Oh, I take you for everything my baby Queen." I hum in reply. "Doubtful." He quirks his brows but I don't pay it a moment.