Chapter 14 (Day 15)

Yumi's POV

I'm in the playground swinging by myself. No one is here for i don't know reason and I'm just enjoying my own company. I look up and smiled at the sky.

'I never felt this much joy in my life since my parents that i grown up to died'

I stand up and was about to walk away when i felt someone covering my nose.

"Hmmmppp."

Is the only sound i made before my vision started to get blurry.

---

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I roam my eyes and found nothing except for a single bed with no window.

'Where am i?'

I turn to look at the door when it suddenly creek open and much to my shocked, it was Tyson. I took a step back and stumbled that made me sat on the bed while staring at the him in fear.

"W-what do you want from me?"

I tried my best to cover the fear that I'm feeling and braven myself.

"To you nothing, but for Bryle yes." He said coldly while leaning on the door, looking at me blankly.

"Please let me go." I begged in fear but he just grin at me.

"I will, after i make your brother pay for what she did to my sister." He said darkly.

'Lira?'

The fear that i felt seconds ago suddenly changed into pity. Guilt and desire to get revenge is visible to his eyes even if he's trying to hide it.

"Lira?"

He stiffened and looked at me in shocked.

"You know Lira?" He asked in surprised.

"Yes, we talked few weeks ago. She told me everything that had happened." I said while quietly observing his reaction.

He remain stiff and cold.

"You don't know everything." He coldly said.

"Do you?" I replied and i saw him pause.

"It was an accident--"

"Accident that ruined my sister's life!"

"It wasn't his intention!" I yelled back.

He went quiet and just stared at me blankly.

"I know that you know how much my brother love your sister, i can see it with my two eyes how much he adore Lira." I started while looking at him sternly.

"I understand that you value her so much. But do you think Lira like what you're doing right now?"

I can see his fist tightened while remaining his stoic expression.

"Do you realize that you're ruining not only yourself, but your relationship with your sister? You're hurting her."

'I know the feeling of ruining your relationship with your sibling.'

"Let go of the past Tyson i can see that it's hurting you..."

His mask finally took off when i saw clear guilt and pain in his eyes. He sat on the floor and buried his face on his palms.

"The truth is... I'm blaming myself for what happened to Lira. I know that it was an accident but... The thought that i almost lose my only family made me go astray. I know that she hate me right now... I failed as a brother..."

I looked at him in pity and walk towards him as i slowly sat near him.

"I know how you feel..."

I felt him stiff and he look up and we lock eyes. I smiled at him sadly before sighing.

"I later found out that I'm not their biological sister..." I started and i can see him attentively listening to me.

"The fact that it was my fault that their parents died. They loathed me for years and we just started to get along again just a few weeks ago. I did everything to fix my relationship with them even if they constantly hurting me."

A bitterly smile escape from my lips as i remembered the days that they mistreated me.

"Not to mention that im dying."

I look at him with a gentle smile and i almost laugh when i saw his reaction. His eyes are in widened and his mouth are in gape.

"You're what?!"

I slowly nodded.

"I only have a few days to live." I stated and he just looked at me in disbelief.

"Why are you telling this to me?"

I smiled and pat his head that made him froze.

"To let you know that no matter what will happen, family always stick together. It's okay to commit mistake what important is how can you make up to it. Don't waste your time and spend it with your love ones."

'I'm not good at giving advice, but i think this will do it?'

"Laugh if you still can, love if you still can, cry if you still can, 'cause we don't know what will happen to us tomorrow. Let go of our dark past and focuse on present. Live your life to the fullest and do the things that will make you happy."

He stared at me for a very long time and i just let him be, i stayed quiet while sitting beside him.

"Thank you."

I look at him when he suddenly spoke. He's now smiling genuinely and i returned it with a bright smile.

"You made me realize that I'm an asshole."

We both laugh on what he said.

"Your brothers will come any minutes now, so I'll get going."

He stand up and so i did the same. I smiled at him warmly and patted his shoulder.

"Go talk to your sister."

He smiled warmly before nodding.

"I will."

Leave a vote😘