Chapter 10 (Day 10-11)

Yumi's POV

"Thank you for saving me Bryle."

He didn't mind me and focuse his attention on the magazine that he's reading.

"B-but... Why did you came?"

I look down and played with my fingers waiting for his response.

'Do he finally cares about me?'

The thought of it made me smile as tiny hopes arise deep inside me that we will be in good terms from now on.

'I only want us to be in good terms... I want to spend my remaining days with them...'

"Don't think that i care for you, i only came 'cause my conscience is yelling at me." He answered nonchalantly.

His words stabbed me and my tiny hope quickly vanished.

"I-I see..."

(Fast forward)

The next day...

Day by day i get weaker and weaker... I can feel my body slowly giving up.

'Not yet... Not until my relationship with the three people that i grown to see as brothers are okay...'

I wipe the hot liquid that's coming out from my nose and i wasn't surprise when i saw that it's a blood. I sigh and gathered all my strength to get up from my bed.

Same routine, take a shower, put make up to cover my pale face, do chores, and I'll also visit Bryle today.

*Hospital*

"Where is he?" I murmured while walking trying to find Bryle.

He's not in his hospital room and when i asked his personal nurse she said that she saw him wandering around.

I was about to pass one of the room when i heard a familiar voice.

"Wake up Lira."

I stopped as my forehead creases from the familiar voice. I slowly walks towards the open door and was surprise when i saw Bryle sitting near the patient looking vulnerable while holding the hand of the patient.

"I'm so sorry love... please wake up."

I can't believe my eyes that I'm seeing Bryle looking so vulnerable.

"Bryle?" I spoke, taking his attention.

He look back and i can see that he's surprise when he saw me. He didn't utter a word and turn back his attention on the girl that's laying on the hospital bed. I slowly walks near him and sit beside him. I looked at the unconscious girl and to Bryle, pain and sadness is visible to his eyes. No one tried to talk and i can't find myself to speak too.

"She's Lira, my girlfriend."

I looked at him for awhile when he spoke but then turn to look at the patient.

"What happened to her?" I asked without looking at him.

He went quiet for a minute before speaking.

"2 years ago, it was night and raining hard and we were having a fight while I'm driving the car. I couldn't focused on the road due from our fights a-and..."

I turn to look at him when his voice cracked. Guilt is visible in his eyes as his fist tightened together.

"A-and i lose break and hit the tree... Tyson despise me because of her sister's situation right now. Because of me she's in coma..."

'Tyson?'

"Tyson? The guy who kidnapped me?" I asked in complete shocked.

"Yes, she's Tyson's younger sister. I understand that his mad at me 'cause after all Lira is his only remaining family."

I suddenly remembered the time that Tyson was about to shot Bryle.

'This is for my sister'

I looked at him and hold his clenched fist. He looked at me in surprise and in confusion.

"Stop blaming yourself Bryle it was an accident. I know that you don't ever want this to happen to the woman that you love. And surely Lira don't like it that you're blaming yourself from that happened to the both of you." I softly said while staring deep to his eyes.

He stared at me with mix emotions that i can't figure out.

"Even if you hate me, even if I'm not your sister by blood and flesh, but... You are my brother in heart and I'm here for you. You can lean on me and cry on my shoulder."

I smiled at him and i was shocked when he suddenly burst into tears and covered his face.

"I-I'm so s-sorry Yumi *sniff* I-I'm such a jerk for *sniff* t-treating you like a s-shit."

I can feel my eyes heating up and i did not hold back and hug him tightly. I pat his head gently while smiling while tears keeps on rolling down from my eyes.

"Shh... It's alright... I already forgive you."

'At last...'

Leave a vote😘