Chapter 29

Avni Pov-

We came back home and i was super tired so i changed into night dress and jumped on the bed. I looked at my  right wrist and a smile crept on my face seeing the bracelet that he gave me. I'm never gonna take this bracelet off. 

.....................

I woke up at 9:45. I slept soo long. I took a bath and wore a plain green  kurta with jeans. As today was Sunday so i have nothing to do. 

"Good morning Bhabhi" i greeted Bhabhi who was sitting and knitting  sweaters. 

"Morning mere cute behen" she said 

She treats me like his younger sister. This family is soo loving.

"Bhabhi ye baby ke leye bana rahe hai aap?" i asked with a broad smile. 

(Sister-in-law, are you making this for the baby?)

She nodded her head in yes.

"Bhabhi mujhe bhi sekihan Hai"  I said. ( Bhabhi i also want to learn this)

"Okay, then copy my steps"

I started doing exactly like Bhabhi and yes it was interesting. I will learn daily from her. 

"Bhabhi where is Mr. Monkey Maurya?"  I asked her while weaving. 

"You mean Devar ji..." she asked and giggled. 

"Yes....."

"Umm...I haven't seen him since morning....maybe he is working in his room" Bhabhi said.

I just hummed. 

The whole day I spent my time with Bhabhi and Aashish mom. And I also played with Dhruv with his toy cars. Well he had a huge collections of  toy cars. 

...........................

At night 

Everyone was in Dining table except him. 

" aap log khana suru karo ....Aashish ka tabiyat thoda kharab hai" Maa said to no one in particular. 

(you guys start eating...Aashish is a little unwell.)

"Dono maa bete ek jaisa hai........ek ka bp high hai toh dusare ka tabiyat kharab hai......kitna baar bola hai tabiyat ka dhyana rakho par nahi " Aashish dad said. 

(Both mother and son are alike...one has high blood pressure and the other is unwell...how many times have I told you to take care of your health but no.)

"What happened to him"? I asked. I was getting tensed for him.

"Stomachache " mom said. 

Oh Avni........... you challenged him to eat Golgappa yesterday, that's why he became ill. You're such a stupid girl. 

"Beta tum kha kyu nahi rahe ho?" maa asked me. (Son why aren't you eating?)

"Wo...mujhe bhukh nahi hai..." I said.(I'm not hungry.)

My appetite was long gone. I am felling very bad for him. It's all happened because of my stupid challenge. 

"Beta jara dekh le toh Aashish soo raha h Kya" mom said to me. ( Beta please go and check if Aashish is sleeping )

" I will prepare khichdi for him and you also rest, don't worry i will take care of him" I said to maa. 

She smiled and I went to check him. 

I went inside his room and he was sleeping. I mentally cursed myself for his state. I took a seat on his bed and gently touched his forehead to check his temperature. His body was burning in fever. I couldn't control my tears .....