Sammy paused for a moment after gesturing to herself and Yasmina.

"Except, I do. Because it's beautiful, and we should be proud."

"You're right," Darius agreed. "Not that there's anyone around to appreciate it."

"Time to change that," Brooklynn said. She opened up the camera on the tablet, holding it up to the others.

"Whoever's watching, get ready to be amazed by these guys," she spoke. "Some of the most incredible people I have ever met."

"Are you recording us?" Sammy asked with a grin, hands on her hips.

"Yeah. Because someone needs to know that we survived Nublar. And that we're here now," Brooklynn reasoned. "And that we protected dinosaurs from big game hunters and..."

"A horrible hybrid," Yasmina said with a scowl. Sammy chuckled.

"Two horrible hybrids," Darius corrected, holding two digits up with a smirk.

"Technically three horrible hybrids," Sammy spoke. Then, Ben pulled Darius in.

"A lunatic that wanted to force dinosaurs to fight," he said.

"And we even got carnivores to play nice with herbivores. So wave to the camera, people. You're kind of a big deal," Brooklynn finished. It had been a while few months. But they'd done so many great things. Especially for a group of kids.

"Don't you wanna be in the shot?" Sammy asked. Brooklynn paused for a moment.

"Nah. That doesn't feel like 'me' anymore," she said.

"I guess we've all changed a lot since we first got to camp," Ben said.

"Oh, yeah," Darius said, wrapping an arm around the other boy's neck. "If I told old you that you'd survive in the jungle, and become best friends with an Ankylosaurus..."

"I'd probably have a heart attack," Ben said with a grin.

"Yeah. And I didn't wanna talk to anyone. Like, at all," Yasmina reminisced.

"Except for me," Sammy pointed out. "Well, really, I kept talkin' to you, and eventually, you had to respond."

Everyone laughed. This really did feel like the final hurdle. The final battle. Final boss. The final mission. Stop the Kons. Of course, one of them had been around for this whole ride. And all of a sudden, they all felt his absence. There was a somber silence momentarily.

"So, uh, I-I've been thinking," Darius spoke, his tone now far from the carefree joy that was there just moments ago. "We've done everything to prepare for when they come back, but why are we waiting for them to act first?"

There was a shocked silence on the group. Because Darius had a point.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"We're the ones with the upper hand," he said as they walked into an airlock. "Even if he knows we got out, Daniel has no idea Brooklynn shut the drones and the BRADs down, except the one Sammy ran into. Or that we moved most of the dinos to the forest biome."

"Yeah. He's totally underestimating us. A big mistake," Sammy agreed. She hit her fist against her palm a few times.

"I'm guessing you have a genius plan to take him by surprise?" Brooklynn assumed. Obviously, the assumption was directed towards Darius.

"Yeah. We trap them in here as soon as they land, take their drone plane, go to the mainland, and get help."

Oh. Wow. He was planning on trapping them...