The Uh... Ben?

He leaned back, making totally sure that the spray hit the cockroach which desperately scurried, searching for darkness and cover. Unfortunately, its zig zag patterns didn't save it from being hit full-on by the spray. In a few moments, what had been a bug scampering to surive, was a lifeless corpse laying on its back. Ben Pincus sighed in relief. Now there was the troubling matter of picking the deceased insect up. God, their undersides were nasty. Ben shivered, having to look away. He rummaged through a cabinet, finding what he had searched for.

  "Alright... it's a dead roach. It's just a dead roach..." Ben told himself. He put on the rubber gloves, the grabbed a large amount of paper towels, and cautiously approached the roach. He prayed a leg didn't suddenly twitch. He kneeled down, cautiously reaching for the bug, and winced, eyes shutting as he picked it up. No movement. Sighing in relief, the 14-year old rushed to the trash can, quickly tossing the paper and roach in, and rushing to get the gloves off him. He walked to the sink, and thoroughly washed his hands with a lot of soap. And then he used hand sanitizer.

  His mother had woken up just in time to see him discard of the roach and then sanitize his hands and arms. She couldn't help a chuckle. Her son had been like this since 1st grade, when he told her that his class had learned about germs and sanitation. Since then, he was a major germaphobe and huge on staying clean. Not that she minded.

  "Morning, son," she said, leaning against the entranceway to the kitchen. Ben looked to his mother as he dried his hands, giving her a meek smile.

  "Morning, mom," he said. He was still feeling the disgust in his throat from the roach encounter. Thankfully, those were extremely rare.

  "Have breakfast?" she asked, eyeing the digital clock built into the oven. She and Ben were early birds. It was barely past 6:30. Still a good amount of time before school.

  "I was just about to when I spotted the roach," Ben said, now finally taking a bowl and spoon. He thoroughly washed and dried the kitchenware, before setting it on the table. He grabbed some milk from the fridge and poured it into the bowl, and then came the cereal. He was adamant that milk came before cereal. The sogginess wasn't for him.

  "Ugh, I really hope we don't have an infestation. We haven't had one in years," his mom commented. She then walked away and went to take a shower. Ben began to peacefully eat, silently dreading school. There were several reasons he hated it. Kids were unsanitary, the building and its rooms were dirty, and everyone was extremely judgemental. Not quite as much as middle school, but freshman year had been a bit of a dud. He couldn't wait to graduate, live his life in peace with no judgement. College would be easy to navigate. While everyone focused on the fun parties and unsupervised activities that came with first reaching adulthood, Ben envisioned himself studying hard and acing through his classes. Then making a living for himself and living a good, happy, clean life.

  It had been like- 2 months since school ended, and he was already hating it. Ben was, of course, a major outcast. He was the model nerd/dork type of stereotype. A bookworm, a worrier, a germaphobe, and unable to make friends. He spent his classes paying attention, listening, not paying mind to the goofing off of his classmates. It was a very simple teenage life. No going out, no rebellious attitude. He and his mother lived happily, pretty stress-free lives. His mom worked for Masrani Corporation, which owned Jurassic World. So, they had a nice, modest life. Not exactly rich, but not fighting to keep life's necessities.

  That unfortunately meant she was usually extremely busy. When she wasn't attending meetings or on business trips to the Masrani Corp. headquarters, she was on the phone. She'd only just gotten home from a trip to New York last week, and she seemed pretty excited about it upon her return. When Ben asked, she said she'd tell him soon enough. That left the boy confused, and slightly annoyed. He was one of those who liked to know every little detail, even for seemingly trivial stuff. It was actually pretty handy, though.