Ben's Decision

"How you feeling?" Yasmina asked her best friend, who was still recovering from the effects of the Scorpios rex's poisonous quills.

"Like I got punched in the stomach like a porcupine," Sammy responded jokingly, "so you know, better."

That reassured everyone. Darius soon knelt down beside Sammy, placing a soft arm on her shoulder and giving her a small smile, a silent enquiry as to whether or not she was ready to get going. She placed her hand on top of his, assuring him. He nodded before getting back up and looking at the sky. The storm seemed to have passed already, the full moon clearly visible. Time to move.

"Let's get to the boat while there's a break in the storm," he said.

"What about the Scorpios rex?" Brooklynn asked.

"We have to risk it. We might not get another chance," he said, his voice not showing any signs of hesitation.

"Well, I guess we should start getting everything ready, then," Brooklynn said. Darius nodded in confirmation, and they all got set on packing everything they would need for the boat ride to Costa Rica, with the exception of Sammy, who was still resting, and Yasmina, who was with her.

Brooklynn was picking up cans of food, stashing them into a bag. She picked up a certain can which had a different look to the others, reading the label.

"Ugh, carob..." she groaned, before making sure noone was around, specifically Ben. When she felt the coast was clear, Brooklynn tossed the canned carob behind her. But, when she looked forward again, she was met with Darius, staring down at her. She gasped, slightly nervous he might get mad.

"It was the right call," he said, tossing her a walkie talkie. She looked back up at him after catching it. Had he just promoted her to second in command?

"Can't take everything," he added on as he walked off. Brooklynn watched as he walked a way with a stupid smile on her face. Well, it went a whole lot better than she thought it might. She continued her work, picking up cans of food that weren't carob.

While that happened, Yasmina slowly helped Sammy up to her feet, the Texan struggling for a moment before embracing her friend.

"Yaz... thanks for saving me," she said. Yasmina didn't immediately respond, returning the embrace.

"U-uh, Sammy?" she asked, feeling the other girl slump in her arms, her worry flaring up again.

"Sorry, having a little trouble staying upright," the ranch girl admitted.

"No apology necessary. Whatever you need, I'm here for you," Yaz reassured.

"I'm glad you're ok," Kenji's voice interrupted their moment. "And if you ever need a cow again, you know where to find me."

"What?" was all Sammy could think in her head.

"So... that's nice," Yasmina commented beside her. The two girls shared a laugh, Sammy so glad Yasmina had gotten over her doubts once more.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ben had vanished. Brooklynn had been the first to notice, asking everyone where the boy was. Darius was the one who immediately instructed they all search for him. With the Scorpios out there, being alone was a giant death trap.

"Bumpy ran off 'cause of the Scorpios. Ben's probably going after her," Brooklynn said from behind Darius. That made sense. But it worried Darius.

"Then I'm going after him," Darius responded.

"Dude!" Kenji began to protest.

Yasmina muttered something, but Darius couldn't tell what she'd said.