Chapter 30

I felt the awkwardness in the room as I waited for him to say more, especially because I didn't tell him first.

I waited too long to tell him... now I just look like a bad person...

"Why didn't you tell me he offered a quirk marriage to you? Or about how he was one of the hero agencies that offered you an internship," Todoroki asked trying to read me for any type of reaction.

I looked down on the ground for a brief moment as I rubbed my arm.

"I was going to, but I kept getting caught up and honestly... I maybe... forgot?" I said awkwardly but I was telling him the truth.

His face dropped a little from shock at my words and it's one I haven't seen yet.

"You... forgot?" He asked me, trying to assess if what I said was actually true.

Yeah sometimes I'm even surprised at myself...

I nodded at him confirming his question. I could tell something else sparked in his mind as he turned his facial expression into a thoughtful one.

"What are you going to do Y/n?" He asked me.

I put on a puzzled look because I didn't understand what he meant. If it's what I think it is I think my answer should be obvious.

"What do you mean?"

He took a moment to gather his thoughts before he continued what he wanted to say.

"Do you want to do a quirk marriage with me?"

He put me in an awkward position because I didn't know how he would react when i tell him the answer that would be unchanging from my mind.

I really don't know what he expects me to say...

"Todoroki... I don't know the answer you're looking for but.... we're young and the day I have a marriage I want it to be out of love. Not because it was arranged by some old man who saw me for a second and was like 'Hey, you! Marry my son! I want your children to have both of your quirks!' It's just kind of creepy you know?" I told him hoping he wouldn't be upset.

He had his same neutral facial expression but I can tell he was feeling something different on the inside as he looked down on the ground.

"Well is there someone you love?" He asked me breaking the silence.

I paused at his question. Not realizing I couldn't formulate an answer. It frightened me a little.

Why am I not answering him? Why can't I answer him?!

Suddenly someone came into my mind, and when he did, I felt like my brain couldn't function anymore.

Todoroki noticed the trouble I was having so he didn't want to push it any further.

"I see, have a goodnight Y/n," Todoroki's parting words to me before he left the room.

......

-

I finally walked out of the school building after that awkward conversation I had with Todoroki, hoping everything will still be normal. I was trying to get to Aizawa's car when I saw a certain blonde just standing there.

"Aww are you waiting here for me?" I asked teasing him a little.

"Yeah."

I paused my movements which already feels like the hundredth time i did this in the past half hour. I was not expecting this from him.

"Really? You Mr. Hot head waited for me?" I asked not believing him.

He rolled his eyes and stuck his middle finger out to me, I of course did it back to him.