71

“Can I ask you a few questions?” Steve questioned, before pulling Tony’s chair closer.

I nodded my head, my eyes once again stolen by his.

“Well,” he began before sitting down, “what reason did you have to settle down in New Zealand?” he asked, looking at my starstruck eyes. Immediately I shook my head, refusing to answer. “Was it a man?” he asked cautiously. I shook my head again, denying his accusation. “Was it a girl?” he asked with fear in his tone.

Man he was curious. I shook my head.

"Why is it such a big secret?” he asked me, resting his back against the leaning of the chair.

I sighed. “I cannot tell you guys. It’s a secret.”
Natasha gave a soft smile, placing her hand on my leg again. “It’s okay. You don’t have to tell us.”

Before anyone could say anything, Tony entered the room again, looking like he had a lot of questions. Which indeed he had.

“Okay. Where did you get all your tech from?” he asked insistently while walking past me.

Rolling my eyes I responded, “Most of it in New Zealand but a lot is also from Canada, France and Germany.”

Tony frowned. “And who built all this for you?”

“I built it all myself moran.” I scoffed, folding my arms.

Tony looked at me and glared. “Where is this Baron?” he asked, once again, which started pissing me off again.

“Tony shony,” I began. “Like I said, probably rotting away. Now can you stop asking me about him?” I rolled my eyes, falling back on the bed.

“Why were you untraceable on anything. Airport camera’s, train station camera’s. Beyond that footage from Paris, we couldn’t find you.”

“I’m surprised you looked for me.”

I laughed. Sitting back up I saw Steve smiling at my comeback.

“I dyed my hair within hours of disappearing from Paris. I got glasses, fake one’s of course, and I completely changed my outfits. I travelled into a few countries with a few ID’s, but soon exchanged them out for new ones. After a while we were not much bothered anymore with all the ID’s, we weren’t anywhere near getting caught by your impossible camera’s and drones. Seems like it worked since you guys were so shocked to see me alive. Probably thought I was dead, didn’t you?”

Tony rolled his eyes at me, before continuing with his questions.

“Where did you build your tech?”

“Everywhere,” I said, basically not lying. I did indeed build and work on my tech everywhere we travelled.

“Why did you build your tech?”

“To be good at something again.”

I turned my face to Tony, seeing him getting tired of me.

“Emrys suggested that I get a hobby. I was driving myself crazy with just not doing anything. So I started building my tech again.”

“Why did you move back to NYC?”

“Okay Tony, that’s enough!” Steve stood up, grabbing Tony by his shoulder. “Let her get some sleep now.”

“To stop Hydra and get back at them for what they have done to me in my past. But you won’t believe me if I tell you the whole truth, would you?” I smirked, tilting my head before giving a slight pout.

Tony scoffed, before storming out of the room without another word. He pulled his phone out and made a call. Steve knew something odd was going on and suspiciously followed after him, out the door. Natasha squeezed my leg before standing up and leaving as well, but she didn’t seem to follow after them, she went into a different direction.