32. Low expectations

I'm back. my semester is close to ending as I said, which means I have finals coming up :(. So here I am, writing as much as I can before then. I've gotten much better mentally, So I know that once my studies are over I'll be able to write a lot more. we're around 7/10 through this book, So let's pray I'll finish it before then. Every time I think about how this book will end, I always get slightly giddy wanting to know your reactions. so without me talking much, let's get on with the chapter.

TW: Violence, depictions of blood & Gore, mentions of dismemberment.

☆✮★

Panting, you looked at the gleam of the arrow as it pointed towards you. What in the actual fuck just happened. Okay. so maybe you were only a tiny bit arrogant and distracted which resulted in you being beaten quite thoroughly into the ground. 'My back has never hurt this much what the fuckkkk. is this how Shun feels? or is this how women feel after sex? God, I'm glad I wasn't born a-'

Narrowly rolling to the side, you yelped as the arrow was dug deeper inside and a separate one hit the ground where you had just been lying. stumbling to your fight, you admired the blood on the ground before sucking in a breath. your mind was completely split between not wanting to die and the euphoria of the sight of the dark wet substance.

But for once in your entire life, you knew you had to know when was the time for such things. So you decided to use to your advantage your obsession, fantasizing exactly how she'd look with her limbs all torn apart with so much blood flowing everywhere the ground would become all wet and how the sensation of it would feel on your hands, sticky and clear on your [SKIN COLOUR] skin... ah- what expression would she make before her death?

Standing up, you pulled the arrow out of your chest but suddenly paused. not at the sight of its beautiful marination in blood, but at the feeling of your organs slowly growing cold. Something was inside of you. You quickly were brought back to when you saw the arrow flying towards you, the glistens of a see-through shine that was originally three around it that formed into its tip. The numbing sensation could only mean it was one thing.

Ice.

It had spread through your body, starting from your lungs and ending near your hurt. and if there was anything about Kekkai Genkai, it was impossible to be stopped unless the user nullified the attack. or... very few kekkai genkai could continue after the users' death. so in the end, what other plan was there than to go with the original one? what were you going to fucking do now, talk it out?

"You know, this is one of the first kekkai genkais that can put me on the spot. you're an interesting one, Eirene. That's both a good thing and a bad thing."

You praised as you quickly pressured the wound with the spare cloth you carried around. She scoffed and prepared another arrow, grinning, you knew this battle was only beginning. an arrow was let loose.

Sneak.

Nimbly dodging, you instantly moved to shoot towards her, swiftly taking out your baton once more as the screech of her katana was taken out before a clear collision happened. only letting her parry for a few seconds before throwing off and going for her thigh. metal screeched and echoed shrilly as you continuously parried, flashes of light breaking out with every contact and with each forceful blow you could see her energy depleting, but you weren't all that better.

Replacing the distance, you watched your breath but not before she was already setting an arrow in her bow. cursing under your breath as you turned and rushed off behind the trees.

Hide.

Instantly you became much more hidden and you grinned slightly as you watched her completely on edge and calculating every move as she constantly moved her arrow direction from place to place, eyebrows furrowed and eyes completely focused. getting up and stretching, you leapt into the air and sheathed your baton.