21. A battle to keep in mind

Hi. I TOLD Y'ALL I'D UPDATE WITHIN THE NEXT TEN DAYS. even if it is the day before the due, I'm here now and writing this sooooo. :). I JUST NOW REALISED I WAS AUTO-CORRECTED TO DAILY. lmao my baddddd.

☆✮★

Quickly adjusting yourself as you saw the empty shell of sand crumble into... well, more sand but less of Gaara. You turned around slightly, wanting to locate your man in the most predictable spot he'd be; directly behind Lee.

He stood with a rather manic smirk with eyes full of glee and bloodlust, it was made clear to you that the one-tailed beast/ichibi, Shukaku, had awoken.  Now your interest was peaked, wanting to see what exactly would happen next, or if the boy would even survive.

The fight continued, but it could barely be called a fight anymore. it was just Gaara throwing the leaf boy around as he didn't even try to dodge and instead kept trying to block, causing a pitiful groan to escape you as you stared at the idiot.

Though his courage was admirable, it would have gone better in a situation where he wasn't facing an opponent who very much desired his death. after literally cracking the wall with his body, he finally began to dodge and as he did you could see the problem.

It wasn't him being a fool, after all, he had gotten slower which could only mean the attack before had affected him. he most probably had wanted the outcome where he would have managed to stand victor with Gaara being the exhausted one.

Yet he was hit with another powerful hit causing him to yell out, and this cycle continued for a while until something weird happened, it seemed Lee had returned to normal as his speed increased and he managed to dodge just as before.

even then yet again he managed to become even stronger, your best guess was a technique as you tried your hardest to remember something from TV or your scrolls until something did come to mind. something about eight points of chakra limiters inside of a person's body, if unlocked it would do a great sense of justice yes.

But, you knew from how secret it was, that great power always had the worst of consequences and effort. this one, just based on a theory you had just thought of, most likely would backfire if it had anything to do with the technique he had just done, then it most definitely would cause great strain, and if that was the first gate, god forbid what would happen with the rest.

Suddenly as the chakra and force around him kept intensifying, he was gone, and you managed to shoot your eyes at Gaara fast enough to witness the kick that sent him flying straight up into the air, cracking his armor even more.

He then started kicking Gaara back and forth so fast it was as though he was being used as a basketball, which almost made you snicker but you shut up as you noticed Gaara's sand armour being peeled away, furrowing your eyebrows, you wondered what would you do against such an opponent.

Leaning against the railing and biting your thumb, you gazed distantly at the fight. Lee's chakra maximized once more as you watched intently before Temari looked at you but you hushed her as you didn't even bother to look at the scene.

"He will win, he's Gaara."

stretching your back as you slid to the floor of the railing and hung your feet over the edge as you peered at the new scene of Gaara laying in a bed of sand and Lee breaking as he panted in an almost broken way. The sand moved towards Lee, in a technique you had memorized.

The sand coffin.

Lee moved, crawling away before the sand managed to grab onto his arm and leg, and the familiar and rather sickening sound of crunching as Lee's bones had been crushed, and finally, he fell unconscious.

The sand didn't waste a second to creep up to make its kill and you felt your anticipation rise, but it was forcefully put right back into place as the man who was Lees sensei blocked it, making you sigh and roll your eyes.

Not to mention he struck the iron which hit hard as he told Gaara that Lee was a subordinate whom he cared for, making you hiss as you knew Gaara was not one to have been cared for nor have someone he cared about.

Surprisingly Gaara only got up as his gourd reformed and walked away, considering he was the winner of the match either way, but it was more of him quitting. Then, all of a sudden, there was a sound that was more of a weird nickname of Gaara's name as you turned in slight shock to stop admiring Gaara to see Lee standing up in a fighting stance.

Until your shock turned to both respect and pity as you realized from his eyes he was unconscious, you turned to Gaara, who was already walking away back towards his place, towards you.

Before he just completely disappeared and reappeared next to you, making you look up at him with a lazy smirk watching his expression carefully as you reached out to tug his hair and were as per usual, stopped by his sand as Temari greeted him back.

You chose to ignore whatever the depressing scene was as your smirk only grew as you stood back up and stared at Gaara and spoke in a nonchalant yet condescending tone as you frowned at him.

"How do you feel? I've never seen you so beaten down before. we can't have you injured properly if that is the case"

Of course, you didn't receive a reply as he just stared back at you. The only thing is, he didn't look away and you both just ended up staring at each other, even if his pupil-less eyes were creepy and their stare was empty and dead, at least his eyes were a pretty colour. 

The next match was announced, and you paid no mind as you bored-ly poked Gaara's cheeks, well sand before you felt sand creeping up your neck, causing you to flinch and try to dust it off as you shot him a glare

"It's your turn"

Temari had to point out as you broke your eye contact with Gaara and gazed at the screens, showing it was indeed your turn versus... your eyes met with the person from Eros's team, the boy to be exact, and a rather sadistic grin crossed your face.

"Oh this is going to be fun"

☆✮★

Lmao hi. hope you enjoyed cuz this took time. and detail. and my hands ache. see you all next time:)

-Ke