29. Begin

Happy April Fools Day! Might not post much after this and hopefully I finish this one on time because god I have none of that. anyways, enjoy the chapter (please)

TW: Sasuke, Gaara (He's gonna have to be a TW in this chapter), blood.

☆✮★

The match began and you threw your legs over the rail, sitting on it while leaning your back against the wall, head turned to the side so you could watch the match easier. Gaara seemed to be really going crazy and presumably talking to the Shukaku before he calmed down. step one, down.

Sasuke was the first to attack, Shuriken headed Gaaras way but was caught by his shield which turned into a sand clone which returned a few attacks, Sasuke gained distance and within a second gained the same speed as that bowl-cut boy from yesterday, appearing behind Gaara and punching the sand armour on his cheek.

Instantly you sat up and grit your teeth as you watched Gaaras 'cheek' crack and some of it fall. 'bullshit. Bullshit!' You crossed your arms and mentally scoffed before mentally reviewing everything you knew about Uchihas all the while Gaara seemed to mindlessly take Sasuke's hits, it was starting to piss you off.

Part of the two main clans that started Konoha, which was also the start of all of the lands and the whole kage thing. Their Kekkai genkai rested within their eyes, the sharingan. It could copy Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu. Their speciality within itself is genjutsu, And the element they most commonly harness is Fire. despite the clan being wiped out a few years back, Uchiha Sasuke and supposedly the murderer are the last two alive.

The Sharingan. It must've been that, he copied Rock Lee's Taijutsu with said kekkai genkai which is how his moves and speed imitated his. Uchihas, are another pest thing to add to your list. If you get the chance, you plan to research said clan. just in case. If you were to battle Sasuke, his Sharingan would cause a problem, even worse since he most likely used fire and that was your main element as well.

It seems if push comes to shove you'd have to quite pitifully rip out or stab those blessed eyes, a real waste. Back in the arena, Gaara seemed to have sealed himself in a sand dome, any attack would cause spikes to reach out and counterattack, Sasuke very narrowly avoiding said repercussion.

You raised your eyebrows slightly and turned your body more, what was the Uchiha going to do now? upon closer inspection, it seems like he had indeed sustained some injuries from attacking the dome so recklessly, specifically on his knuckles and leg.

Soon a sand eye began to form in the air, and you sweatdropped and shook your head with an exasperated look on your face. 'What's this idiot doing? Of course, It's Gaara. when has he ever listened to anyone but himself?' You could hear Temari and Kankuros' reactions behind you but you didn't bother to look.

Sasuke attacked the sand multiple times before seemingly realising that the sand was impenetrable and climbing the wall for some reason. Behind you, you could hear Temari and Kankuro talking too openly about aborting the plan, Bug boy was taking notice so you made sure in your mind to keep an eye on the creep.

Within the Uchihas palm, you quickly took notice of not fire, but electricity before he began sprinting towards Gaaras dome. Your eyes narrowed as your legs stopped swinging back and forth, your face darkening with curiosity on the attack and wondering if you'd seen the Jutsu before, the sound coming from it was hard to hear but it sounded like the constant chirping of birds.

Almost falling back, you watched with wide eyes as the attack penetrated the dome and watched in complete silence to see if it had affected Gaara. It didn't take long for a very clear yell to ring out around the arena. It was Gaara, Gaaras blood being spilt from within the dome. a pleasant shiver ran down your spine at the thought but you ignored it as you were being held to the railing by Temari and Kankuro who were also in states of shock.

Sasuke suddenly seemed as though he couldn't draw his arm back, and activated the Chidori once more. both of them were yelling and you would have found the sight funny if your heart wasn't beating tenfold at's usual pace and your hands clenching into fists. 

He managed to leap back, but to almost everyone's shock, a creature's arm followed. You leapt back onto the other side of the railing as Temari and Kankuro were panicking, lost in thought as it seemed the Shukaku had appeared. yet as the sand dome fell, Gaara was standing there, almost normally as he gripped his bleeding shoulder.

And Within an instant, you were in a daze just staring mindlessly at the liquid soaking his clothes, completely unmoving.

Even the snowy white feathers obstructing your vision slightly were paid no mind to. Temari seemed to finally notice your state as she seemed to want to cry from the amount of things going wrong. She tried to shake you out of your euphoric state, which didn't do much. 

But you came to your senses soon enough when the signal finally came from the Kages seating area, your eyes averted from the fight and you shook your head, despite wanting to do anything except that. The crowd was mainly already knocked unconscious, and a barrier had been formed around the Hokage and kazekage.

Not wasn't too much time, you jumped down into the arena along with the sand siblings appearing directly next to Gaara with only a half-focused look as you could now smell the signature coppery metallic scent from the wound.

Gaara though only pushed Kankuro out of the way to try and resume the battle, But Baki-Sensei appeared and told all four of you off for not leaving already. Gaara suddenly grabbed his head and began yelling in both fits of insanity and pain again, getting you to narrow your eyes and get close to his kneeling figure as Temari and Kankuro were trying to figure out what to do from there, completely ignoring Sasuke and the referee.

With a simple command, both you and Kankuro went to help Gaara get up for your 'cunning' escape, you obviously took the side with the injury but the two didn't have the time to give you any weird looks, and leapt off. You could tell the Uchiha would be following just about now so you sped up, forcing Kankuro to follow your pace.

As you ran and gained distance, you didn't slow all too much, ignoring Kankuros' breaths getting heavier. To your utter dismay, you realised Gaara was dropping sand almost making it a trail. You could tell the Uchiha would catch up soon, So you slid out the hilt of the blade hidden within your sleeve and heightened your senses as you moved.

Another notice, The pursuers have increased. but they weren't directly with Sasuke, so you guessed they were coming to help him. a real drag. Temari called out to fasten the pace and the two of you complied without much complaint. It seriously bothered you now, why did god put you into this mess???

☆✮★

That's it! made it in time thank god. I might take a little longer to post the next chapter but bear with me, and yet again, thanks for reading.

Also, should I publish a new ff? if so should it be a normal long one or a oneshot one?

-Kion