27. Kyuubi, part two

Yes, hello. I indeed stayed true to my word and have been let out from my home in hell to bring you this latest chapter. I need people to relate to me on this but like, have you ever gone home, worn your pyjamas, and realised how stupidly fucking thin your winter school uniform is? Like, tf is this shit ong. won't hold you back any longer, enjoy!

☆✮★

Reaching the small area for the competitors, you leant on the rail, observing Adrien Agreste except uglier and Jack Sparrow except he's not a pirate but a fatherless side character as they took their positions and the match started.

As expected, it was Shaggy who attacked first. He was fast and despite being airheaded he seemed to have at least some sort of strategy planned out. You assessed both opponents, One could see the other Chakra points and block them off, and the other tactics and random bouts of luck. with how the fight was currently looking, you were placing your bets on modern Tarzan.

No matter the situation, this blond didn't seem to easily give up, making a sea of shadow clones in replacement of the ones just beaten. 'He has potential with that idea, but he doesn't have anywhere to go with it. He should've waited a little longer on this to have a winning idea instead of constantly dispersing his chakra like a fool. Soon enough it'll diminish to nothing- what's that!?'

Your head swivelled around, eyes narrowing as you noticed something off. 'These Anbu... so the plan is being set already.' turning your head back around without any extra emotion to rouse suspicion, you get greeted with the sight of the weird destiny-yapping guy spinning like some fucking frisbee.

Cocking your head to the side, your mouth grew into a smirk as you analysed that defence in your mind. Seems this guy was not only highly skilled in attack but also had a great defence strategy.

"Oh? won't you look at that, an actually formidable opponent."

The sand on your wrist tightened considerably which would be cute if you were getting slightly worried about your blood circulation.

Once your eyes refocused on the match the Hyuga was now headband-less and there was some kind of curse mark on his forehead. It probably has something to do with his clan, not anything that interested you. Slavery was only interesting when you got to keep the slave.

after listening to around half of his angsty backstory you lost interest and spent the rest of your time waiting for these mfs to go back to fighting admiring who other than our favourite redhead?

A burst of Chakra caught your attention and even made you step back physically. Just from looking at the sight you could tell that this blond was a Jinchuuriki, no doubt in your mind from your experience with your tail wielder.

Biting harshly on your lip you only barely focused on the match as you already knew the outcome. I mean, it's angsty kid versus divine ancient creature's power, who do you think is going to win?

Back to the main point, which Tailed Beast exactly resides in Konoha? I mean, probably the one that was hardest to trade in war- 'Oh my fucking god. THIS BLOND FAG IS A JINCHUURIKI OF THE KYUUBI??? GREAT SO NOW I'M A SIDE CHARACTER??'

You were now officially second-guessing this entire plan, And you could see from beside you Gaaras eyes wide. 'this is... bad. Okay [Y.NAME], you're smart enough to think of a counter?... orrrrr we could just leave this to the kazekage. eh, I'll prolly survive this shit anyway.' Your eyes glanced at the redhead again before sighing and leaning your head on your arms.

As the battle went on, With Naruto now in the lead, you went back and forth between looking at the sand on your wrist and the match and then Gaaras expression. An idea popped into your head and you moved your fingertips to lightly brush against it.

His eyes instantly shot towards you, both questioning but mainly annoyed. You only offered a smirk as you reached out to repeat the action, wondering how exactly it affected him. Was his sand sensitive? or could he directly feel any action against it? just as your index finger touched it, the sand tightened and both spread to secure your wrists in place, like handcuffs.

Sweatdropping, you turned to the redhead with a pitiful smile and regret-filled eyes, trying to gain his mercy. He was no longer looking at you. after struggling for a while to see if you could just get out of the sand by yourself, Which did not work, you edged closer to him and whispered in his ear.

"Gaara, Gaara. Have some mercy on my poor fragile little body, won't you? I didn't mean to annoy you earlier, I was just a little curious. I'm afraid if you keep these on me I'll no longer be able to fight well and then I won't be able to fight with you in the final rounds."

Your bodies were almost touching from how close in proximity you were, your warm breath fanned over his ear yet you didn't pull away. The Sand returned to its original wrist and settled down as his eyes turned to look at you.

"Back off"

"Whatever the mighty Jinchuuriki of Suna wants!"

With that you gave the shorter boy his personal space back and checked the match, only to see it was over and Naruto was declared the winner. Whatever, you predicted this anyway. While the blond ran around basking in the cheers of the audience, The Hyuga was carried away on a stretcher.

Soon enough, the blond joined the rest of the competitors and was enthusiastically chatting with the other Konoha genin. The next match should be Gaaras, but looking at the blond again, you felt as though you should probably exchange at least a word about this problem with him before it was too late.

But you then also realised that emo Squidward still hasn't shown up. just as you were about to grab and drag Gaara for a little chat the referee guy says that his match has been postponed and the next match will take place, Which just so happened to be our little puppeteers match.

Seems like someone was being a little pussy though as Kankuro forfeited the match in a heartbeat, making Bugboy the winner. So, the official next match was Temari and Pineapple Head over there. Temari jumped and caught herself with her fan, and the boy was pushed down by Naruto.

Seems this match was going to be rather mediocre so you went with your original plan to grab Gaara and have a chat with him, But Gaara wouldn't budge and evaded your hand. With a frown, you leant close to him and decided if people overheard, It was Gaaras fault.

"Blond. he's a problem. He's obviously a Jinchuuriki but I think it's deeper than that, not to mention he seems to have pretty good control over it. Maybe we should add something to the plan so he doesn't get in our way. and about which tailed beast it is, personally, I think it's the Ky-"

"Does not matter."

"... What."

You gave him a dark look and groaned a bit. God, did you hate these kinds of narcissists. like c'mon, It's one thing to have an ego and another thing completely to be so blinded by your good traits that you won't even bat an eye at threats.

"You're annoying me."

The warning came along with a hint of malice and a clear epitome of blood lust in his eyes. Shaking your head, you went to join Kankuro in watching Temaris battle.

'How did I get into this mess in the first place?'

☆✮★

Did a Gaara edit inspire me to write this chapter? Yes.

Anyway, might not be able to post much after this, but I'll try as hard as I can. Was listening to Naruto music the entire time (and the occasional Melanie Martinez.) See you simps next time<3

-Kion