Chapter Fourteen: Saving Will and Jack

“But we’ve got to save Will!” Elizabeth yelled to her father.

The HMS Dauntless crew have swan onto the tiny island minutes after Jack and I spotted them. They put us in their rowboat, and once we were on board, they gave Elizabeth and I anything we wanted, but grabbed Jack by the arms, and held him right next to Norrington and my father.

“No. You’re safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not go gallivanting after pirates!” our father yelled back at her. I started at my boots, and let my tears run down. Will. He’s as good as dead. And father won’t do anything to help him.I thought to myself. Jack looked at me, and whispered something, but I couldn’t make out the words.

“Then we condemn him to death.” Elizabeth said angrily. Father rolled his eyes.

“The boy’s fate is regrettable, but, then, so was his decision to engage in piracy.” he said, and I winced, knowing that I was as much to blame.

“To rescue me. To prevent anything from happening to me! They both did. They all did.” Elizabeth begged.

“If I may be so bold as to inject my professional opinion. The Pearl was listing near to scuppers after the battle, it’s very unlikely she’ll be able to make good time. Think about it...the Black Pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean, mate. How can you pass that up, eh?” Jack asked. It actually made sense what he said. Knowing that Barbossa and his crew of misfits would be dead would let me sleep soundlessly when I get back home.

“By remembering that I serve others, Mr. Sparrow, not only myself.” Norrington said. Elizabeth went up to him.

“Commodore, I beg you, please do this. For me....as a wedding gift.” Elizabeth said, and I looked up, amazed.

“What?” I asked, and everybody looked at me.

“Not now, Isabelle. I still have to talk to you.” Father said strictly, and they all turned back to Elizabeth.

“Elizabeth. Are you accepting the Commodore’s proposal?” he asked, and I looked at her, secretly shacking my head.

“I am.” Elizabeth said, and I lost my hope. That’s it.

“A wedding. I love weddings!! Drinks all around!” Jack exclaimed, and when Norrington looked at him, he said, “I know, “Clap him in irons,” right?”

Mr. Sparrow, you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with the bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase "silent as the grave.” Do I make myself clear?” Norrington asked, and Jack shock his head.

Inescapably clear.” Jack said, and the guard took Jack to the helm. Norrington and my father looked at me.“Isabelle.” my father said.

“Father.” I said back.

“You know you are in deep trouble.” he said, and I nodded.

“Father, it was to save Elizabeth. I wouldn’t have ever done such things if it weren’t for her.” I said, defending myself. He smiled.

“I know, and I am very proud of what you have done. You are forgiven.” he said, kissed me on the forehead, and walked away.

“What?” I asked, but he was gone. I turn to Elizabeth.

“What is wrong with you?” I yell at her. She looked at her bare feet.

“It was to save Will.” she whispered.