Chapter Two: Bloody Bastard

“HELP! SOMEBODY HELP MY SISTER!” I screamed and pointed to Elizabeth. The guards and Mr. Smith looked at me.

“When did you get here?” the guards yelled.

“WHO BLOODY CARES ABOUT THAT! SAVE MY SISTER!”

“That’s your sister, right love?” Mr. Smith asked. I nodded.

“Is she as pretty?” I was taken aback.

“You’ll find out when SOMEBODY SAVES HER!” I started to cry.

“Do you know how to swim?” Smith asked the chubby guard.

“No.”

“How about you?” he asked the other one. He just shook his head.

“Milady?” he asked me.

“I do, but with this bloody gown, I’ll sink faster than a over flown ship!” he smiled slightly. He started taking off his effects.

“Take these.” he said, handing them to the guard.

“Don’t lose this luv.” Mr. Smith said handing me his hat and a small smile.

He dived down, in search Elizabeth. I sat down on the railing, put my head in my hands, and started to cry.

Elizabeth might die right now. For all I know, she might be died right now. She was always there for me, and now she’ll be gone.

The guards started to look at me.

“Aren’t you the governor’s daughter?” the chubby one asked.

“Yes sir, I am. What’s it to you?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” he answered back, slightly taken aback by my manners.

Suddenly, there was a big boom from the water. A strong air filled with salt danced through the air. Clouds fell from the sky, and bounced around. I looked at the guards, and saw their surprised faces, and saw that I didn’t imagine all of that.

Finally, I saw Mr. Smiths head bob up with Elizabeth on his shoulder. I almost squealed in excitement. Then, they fell back down.

“It’s that bloody gown. Weighs more than mine especially if you get it wet.”

They bobbed up again, but this time Elizabeth was wearing only her corset, her petticoat, and her under garments.

The guards and I quickly ran to the deck, where Mr. Smith had laid Elizabeth.

“She’s not breathing!” the chubby guard said, and Smithy pushed him to the side.

He took his dagger, and cut through the corset. At once Elizabeth breathed, and she spat out water.

“Never would’ve thought of that.” the chubby guard thought out loud.

“Clearly, you’ve never been to Singapore.” Smithy said, and handed skinny guard the corset.

“Where did you get that?” Smithy asked Elizabeth, holding a necklace that she found when she was twelve. She’s never told me were she found it. It looked like a skull scraped into a piece of gold. It was a very nice piece of jewelry.

“On your feet.” we all looked up, and Commodore Norrington was there with Father, and what looked like an army.

“Elizabeth? Are you alright?” My father asked her, grabbing her tightly.

He looked at the skinny guard, and saw that he was holding Elizabeth’s corset.

Seeing my fathers suspicious glare, the guard quickly pointed to Smithy.

“Shoot him.” my father said casually. I opened my eyes.

“Father! He saved her life!” Elizabeth and I yelled in harmony, the only difference was that she said my. The army with Norrington swiftly put their swords back in their sheaf. Gradually, Commodore Norrington struck out his hand to Smithy.

‘I believe thanks are in order.” cautiously, Smith raised his hand.

Norrington caught his hand, and pulled back the sleeves. We all looked closer at the two tattoos printed on his right arm.

One of them was a pale P, while the other was a sparrow flying over a tame sea.

“Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, did we, pirate?” A murmur escaped thought the crowd.

Privately, I smiled to myself. Will would kill me, but I’ve just met a pirate.

“Hang him.” my father said this time seriously. Port Royal was the worst for pirates. It was unfair. He just saved a life, and for that he’d be hung?

“Keep the guns on him, men. Gillette, bring some irons.” Norrington striked an order.

“Well, well,” Norrington continued, looking at the other tattoo.

“Jack Sparrow, isn’t it?” he let go off his hands.

“Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please sir.” Captain Jack Sparrow. I’ve heard of the name before. Where?

“Well, I don’t see your ship, Captain.” A burst off laughs broke out in the crowd.

“I’m in the market, as it where.”

“He said he’d come here to commandeer one.” the skinny guard said.

“Told you he was telling the truth. These are his, sir.” the other guard said, picking up his effects, hence the hat.

I held on to the hat.

Norrington picked up the weapons one by one, and read them out loud, starting with the gun.

“No additional shot nor powder. A compass that doesn’t point North.” he pulled the sword out of the sheaf.

“And I half expected it to be made of wood.

“You are without the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.” Commodore said.

“But you have heard of me.” Sparrow said with a slight smirk.

Commodore grabbed him by the shirt, and pulled him to Gillette. Elizabeth and I follow him with disbelief.

“Commodore, I must really protest.” Elizabeth started.

“Yes, pirate or not, this man saved my sister’s life.” I yelled.

“One good deed is not enough to redeem a man.” Norrington said. I stepped up.

“Your afraid of him! You… You… You bloody bastard!” I yelled. Norrington first look frightened, but soon got his power back.

“It looks like Mr. Sparrow won’t be lonely in his cell tonight.” I took me awhile to see that he meant I was going to jail.