Chapter Nine: A New Friend

The air was crisp when I woke up the following morning. I was still at the railing, as I wished, but Will was somewhere else.

I got up, and went to brush my hair, feeling it was a mess. I was going to the bathroom when I saw Will and Jack arguing in Jack’s cabin

“I was just saying you should’ve been a little nicer to her. She was really crushed.” Will whispered, and I barely heard it.

“About not trying out some rum?” Jack answered.

“No, she didn’t really care about that. What you said about Elizabeth was what got her mad.” Jack stayed silent.

“I’ve got to talk to her.” Jack said.

“No, not yet. Let her cool down at first. She needs to cool down. Let her see the crew with us, and let her get used to them. Then try to talk to her.” Will said, and Jack must’ve nodded because Will got up and started to leave.

I turned to quickly go to the bathroom so he wouldn’t see me, but I didn’t notice the broom standing right in front of me. I fell and made a huge noise.

Will and Jack ran to me, and Jack helped me up. I didn’t thank him.

“Isabelle! Are you alright?” Will asked and I nodded.

“Yes, thank you Will. I was just going to the bathroom to fix my hair, but I tripped over something. Sorry.” I said, starting to blush. Jack opened his mouth to say something, but closed it when he saw Will look at him. He walked away.

“Come onto the deck, your hair looks gorgeous.” Will said smiling and extending his hand. I take it.

“Of course it does.” I said.

We walked onto the deck. The Interceptor was still in Tortuga, to enlighten my sprit, and looked like it wasn’t going anywhere soon. I sighed. Did I want to stay here? No. N-O.

Mister Gibbs emerged from a cabin.

“Alright there, Miss. Isabelle? Heard a big bang.” he asked.

“Yes, thank you. Sorry if I awoke you.”

“No, ye didn’t.”

“That’s good. Sorry about it anyway.” I said, and walked to the railing where I slept.

Tortuga wasn’t much different from last night. There was a decrease in the drunken people, but that was about it.

A man came walking by holding a bottle of rum, and winked at me, but when he saw I was with Will, he gave him the finger.

I opened my mouth, and him his finger back.

“Isabelle. You’re a lady. You don’t do that.” Will said trying to hold back a laugh.

“Does a lady get in jail with a pirate or does she ever steal a ship?” I asked.

“No.”

“Well, there you go.” Will laughed.

“I am not funny. Don’t you dare laugh at me!” I exclaimed, punching Will in the stomach lightly. He played along, and pretended to fall down. I busted out laughing.

Gibbs and Jack turned around from their conversation, and looked at us. Will quickly got up.

Having an awkward silence between the four of us, especially between Jack and I. I spoke up.

“So, Mister Gibbs. Are we going to met the crew or not?” I asked. They looked surprised at first, but quickly regained.

“Oh yes, of course.” he said and lead us down to a port.