Chapter Six: Welcome to Tortuga, Luv

Isabelle's POV

I was putting my wavy hair into a ponytail when I heard Will telling his story on the deck. I climbed out of my washroom and listened carefully.

"When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me by herself. After she died, I came out here, looking for my father." Will told Jack. I've heard this story a million, yet it has never got boring.

"Is that so?" Jack asked, seeming bored.

"My father, Will Turner. At the jail, it was only after you learned my name that you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted, I didn't press the matter. I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my father." I turned to look at Jack. A story was at bay.

"I knew 'im. Probably one the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill."

"Bootstrap?" Will and I asked.

"Good man. Good pirate. I swear you look just like him." Jack said.

"Pirate?" I asked with my mouth hanging wide open.

"It's not true. He was a merchant sailor. A good, respectable man who obeyed the law." Will said, angry at Jack.

"He was a bloody pirate, a scallywag."

"My father was not a pirate. " Will said and pulled out his sword.

"Will, don't do it." I pleaded him.

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again." Jack said casually, not worrying.

"You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd killed you." Will argued, defending himself.

"Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?" Jack asked and spun the ship's helm so that the boom went flying to Will. Will caught it, but was hanging for dear life under the open ocean.

"WILL! Jack, let him go. Please!" I yelled, scared now for Will's life, but Jack just ignored me.

"Now, as long as you're just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these – what a man can do and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can't. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you'll have to square with that someday. Now, me, for example, I can let you drown...but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So. . ." Jack said, and swung the boom back into place, flipping Will onto the ground. He draws his sword and points it at him.

"...can you sail under the command of a pirate?" he flips the sword over.

"Or can you not?" Will takes the sword. He nods and goes back to what he was doing, sharpening his sword. I looked at him, thankful that he was fine.

I went to the opposite side where Jack was staring into the deep blue ocean, and the sunset.

"Hey." Jack said.

"Jack? May I ask you something?" he nods.

"Why was Will's father called Bootstrap, instead of William, or Will?" I asked. He sighed.

"When I was still on the Black Pearl, Bootstrap was alive then. He was a good man, a good pirate, like I said to Will, but nobody seemed to like 'im. The crew had enough, and strapped his bootstrap's to a cannon. That was the last that I ever saw of him." Jack answered. I gasped.

"Oh, poor Will! He's been looking for his father ever since I was 10. He'll be crushed when he finds out!" I said, getting ready to tell him.

"No! Don't tell 'im." Jack said, catching my arm.

"Why not? He deserves to know."

"Do you think he'll believe even you? He doesn't believe that his father was a bloody pirate. I wonder what he'd think of this story." I stayed quiet.

"Here are we going next?" trying to switch the topic.

"Tortuga. Don't worry. Stay to me or dear William, and you'll be fine." he leaves me with a confused look on my face.

I can't believe it. Will's father is dead. All he could talk about was his father, and now when he finds out that he's dead, never will he talk again.

I shook my head, and let my hair out of the pony tail. It was annoying me.

This world was wrong. You kill a man because he got on your nerves. Just kick him out of the bloody ship. And what Commodore intended to do was bloody wrong. Jack just rescued the woman he loved, and for his thank you, he wanted to hang him.

Annoyed, I turned and looked at the sun.

It was a golden-red with pink strips painted across it. The air had a crystal clear breeze, weaving through posts and polls of the ship. The seagulls were crying loudly, almost giving me a headache.

Seagulls! They only flied near land. I ran to the other side of the ship, and saw a small strip of land opposing me.

"Welcome to Tortuga, luv." a warm whisper came behind me.

"Tortuga it is, Jack."

If you guys love Batman/Joker, please feel free to check out my newest book, The Jokess!