Chapter Eleven: What the Hell

Will looked at me, mouth open.

“I didn’t do anything.” he lied. I knew him long enough. Whenever he lied, he couldn’t look anybody in the eye.

He was dodging my eyes.

“What did you do to him?” I asked him again, getting angrier.

“I didn’t do anything, Isabelle. I just told you.” he said, gritting his teeth. I closed my eyes.

“Will, I don’t care if you did anything. I want to know if you’re lying to me!” I tried to say calmly, but my voice was starting to break.

Will stayed silent for a moment. A hard breeze flew by, and I shivered, but I kept my glare on Will.

“I hit him with an oar, and left him to deal with the pirates. I knew he wouldn’t save Elizabeth. He wants the Pearl and that’s it.” Will said quietly, but I heard every word.

“Thank you.” I said, and quickly walked to my cabin, the second largest apart from Jack’s. Or what used to be Jack. I bet Elizabeth would get it. She’s so perfect.

I slammed the door shut, loud enough that Will and Elizabeth could hear. The bed was inviting me in, and I laid down on it, but I didn’t cry. Not this time. If I learned anything from being here with pirates, it’s that crying doesn’t help with your matters.

Jack’s a pirate. He’ll survive. And why do I care so much? He’s a pirate! A bloody pirate! And now I have Elizabeth! She’s safe and sound. I thought, and decided not to worry about Jack anymore.

Well, I decided that, but didn’t really have much luck.

I thought about the time when he first told me about Barbossa.

Flashback Before Tortuga

The wind was dreadfully cold, and I was shivering, but yet was too lazy to get up and go steal Jack’s coat. I always thought it wasn’t that cold in the Caribbean.

“’Ere, luv. You’re bound to catch a cold wearing a shirt like yours.” Jack spoke, startling me. I turned and saw him standing, taking off his coat. His eyes were gleaming like the sun with a hint of warmth. How did he always do that?

“Bloody hell Jack, you don’t need to do that.” I said, but hungrily took the coat, slipping it on.

It was warm and comfy, and even though it was far to big for me, I enjoyed it.

“But I did.” Jack remarked.

“Thank you.” I gratefully said, and turned back to the railing, with Jack quickly repeating me.

“If you don’t mind me asking Jack, why did you agree to come on this trip? I mean, Will and Elizabeth both tried to turn you in, and I’m not so big of a help.” I said, and Jack looked far into the distance, deep in thought.

“Look, a long time ago, I was on the Black Pearl for ages. I had a great first mate, Barbossa, and he was loyal, and all. Then one day, they got me really mad by stealing my bloody ship. You saw the curse. Only be lifter when the blood is repayed.” Jack answered my question, and I was going to ask what he meant by all that, but Will called him to go and help him on the deck.

“Lifter when the blood is repayed. What the bloody hell did he mean by that?” I quietly asked myself. Turning around, I look at Jack arguing with Will about something, and I smiled.

Men, why do they always fight?

End

I put all the facts I knew about Jack together, from what he told me to what Gibbs told me, but darn it! It still didn’t make sense. Blast that old, good for nothing son of a. . .