Chapter One: The Fall

A/N: Hello people of this world! My name is Elizabeth Winters, and this is my new story (and first) on WattPad. It is a little dull in the beginning, but it gets better once you get into it, or so I've been told. If you don't realize, this take place in the first movie of the series, Pirates of the Caribbean. Anyway, I hope that you like it, and I hope that you'll review!

A/N 2018: Hello again to both old readers and new! This is my newly edited copy of Chapter One. I've been rereading all of this and my gosh - cringy garbage! Time to give it a fresh glace and make it a much better read. Thank you all for putting up with this! Much love. I'll also be messing around with the chapters so bare with me!

"Will! Catch!" I yelled through the sound of machines and fire crackling. I threw a silver laced sword up in the air and a pair of dirt-wrecked and beaten hands caught them with no hesitation.

The sword came slicing towards me, but I quickly defended myself by grabbing a blackened sword with gold dabbed along the edges.

Fighting, we twirled around the blacksmith shop. With his hard earned time off, I was helping Will waste it. Though we wouldn't dare hurt each other fatally, Will and I would give each other small scars and nicks for reminders. Don't do that again.

"Got you!" I said, flipping Will's sword out of his reach and pointing the razor sharp blade at him. He just chuckled.

"Truce!" Will said raising his hands up. I smiled slightly. It wasn't always that I won. I've just began sword fighting a few years ago when I saw Will practicing with a sword. I asked him to teach me, and quickly fell in love with the art.

I turned around to go sharpen my sword, but a pair of hands grabbed my waist. I was pushed to the ground quickly, feeling the dirt cascade from the floor.

"You're a miracle with the sword, Isabelle, did you know that?" Will smiled, laying next to me on the cold hard ground.

"It's all because of you, William Turner."

We both laughed, and I turned my gaze upwards towards the frail wooden ceiling.

"Wonder how's it like to be a pirate. All the excitement and the bloody feeling when you find treasure or kill a man. You get to sword fight all day long with nobody stopping you." I pondered.

"Isabella! Don't talk about being a pirate - they are vile, repulsive men who are greedy and have no manners." he spat out angrily. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, come on Will! Wouldn't you like it, at least a bitm to know that you're free and have the whole sea to yourself?" I sighed, extending my arms out. He grimaced loudly and stood.

"Yes, I'd love the fact that Port Royal and all of New England is chasing me down, wanting to beat me to my last breath. Charming, isn't it?" Will said, starting work on the Commodore's sword. I sat up.

" Elizabeth and I have always dreamed about seeing how a pirate's life has been like. It-"

"Elizabeth wants to become a pirate?" Will asked quietly, halting his work.

"Well, somewhat. She just wants to see how their life is like. She'll not be able to see the world after she gets married," I paused, wiping the dirt off my body as I stood up, "Anyway, got to go. The future Commodore's thing is tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep." I ran up to him, gave him a peck on the cheek, and ran to a spot where I could change into my gown.

My father would kill me if he found out that I wearing breeches and a shirt, both property of Will. But realistically, who could practice fighting in a gown?

***

"Isabelle! I need to talk to you." Elizabeth said as soon as I crossed the threshold to our house.