Chapter Seven: 3 Slaps from 3 Women

Jack’s POV

The wind rustled as we entered the dock. I was in the lead, and Will and Isabelle were silent as they observed.

Tortuga was a place were every man could feel wanted. It was filled with rum and gorgeous women.

None as gorgeous as Isabelle. A voice in my head said. Look at all these women. They might be pretty, but their faces are covered in make-up. They are fake, while Isabelle, she. . . I’ve never seen her put on any, and she is beautiful. I shook my head. It’s just a phase. I only think she’s pretty. That is all, and a lot of girls are pretty here. I fought back.

“Are you alright, Jack?” Isabelle asked.

“Yes. A pirate’s always fine.” I said back, and she smiled.

“I’ll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted.” I told Will, and saw Isabelle get mad.

“Women are not toys, nor can they be pushed around like one. For money!” Isabelle said, and crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh no.”

Isabelle’s POV

Jack said. A red-headed girl came to him. She was dressed in a tight red dress and so much make-up, she looked like a zombie. I got even more mad.

“Scarlett!” Jack exclaimed. She looks at me.

“Who is she?” Scarlett asked in a snobbish voice. Jack looked back at me.

“Oh her? She’s a nobody. Just a friend.” Jack said. I opened my mouth widely. That. That. That filthy bastard. I’m a nobody. Ok. I was now really mad a Jack

Scarlett didn’t look convinced.

“Yes, she’s with me.” Will said, and grabbed me by the waist. I smiled fakely, but she seemed to buy it.

“Oh ok. I just came here to give you this.” she said, slapped him, and left. I started to laugh.

“I like this girl.” I whispered to Will who was still holding me.

“Oh, here come’s another.” Will whispered back, looking at another girl, this time a blonde. She was wearing a blue gown with the corset on so tightly, it was coming undone.

Her make-up was atrocious. She looked like a demented bull-dog, and I was being nice. There was a word that explained her completely.

“Who was she?” she asked Jack, perking up her head, and looking like a complete idiot. But it was Jack who was the jerk.

“Giselle! She was just a friend.” Jack exclaimed.

“Nice friend. I never knew that friends slapped each other, but since I’m your friend too, here!” Giselle said calmly, and slapped him. I closed my mouth to prevent meself, I meant myself, from laughing.

“Hmph!” Giselle said, and walked away. I step up to Jack.

“I’m your friend, right?” I asked him, battering my eyelashes.

“Of course, luv.” I smiled.

“Then you deserve this.” I slapped him ,and left.

***

We were walking around Tortuga when Will a bucket of water.

“It’s for the smell, mate.” Jack said, trying to clear things up, but instead making it more difficult.

He grabbed a bucket, and started walking. Almost naturally, we followed.

He lead us to a pig stall where a man laid, asleep and snoring. Jack threw his bucket of water onto him, and woke him and the pigs up.

“Curse ya for breathing, you slack-jawed idiot! Mother’s love! Jack! You should know better than to wake a man when he’s sleeping. ‘S bad luck.” the man said, and I soon realized it was Mister Gibbs.

Mister Gibbs had a bushy white beard, yet it stayed under his chin. His hair must’ve been black at first, for some of it still had some strikes of black. He was wearing usual pirate clothes. Breeches and some kind of shirt, but in addiction to that, he had a navy blue vest, and a flask tied to his belt.

When Elizabeth and I first sailed to New England, Mister Gibbs worked as a sailor. He was yet very superficial. While Elizabeth and I were singing a pirate song, he scared us and told us it was bad luck to be singing a pirate song, and to have a women on board, even two miniature ones.

“Ah, fortunately I know how to counter it. The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping, a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking.” Jack prompted, and we all looked at Mister Gibbs. He considered the option.

“Aye, that'll about do it.” he said, and lifted himself up. Will threw his water at him.

“Blast! I’m already awake!” Mister Gibbs yelled at Will.

“That was for the smell.” Will explained and Mister Gibbs looked as he agreed.