Chapter Eight: IT'S BLOODY WELL CAPTAIN!

“It’s so good to see you, Miss Swann.” Mister Gibbs said once he realized who I was. He rinsed of when he climbed out from the pig pen, but he still smell like crap

“Likewise, Mister Gibbs. Please call me Isabelle.” I said, smiling that he remembered my name.

“Aye, Isabelle. Didn’t you ‘ave a sister?” he asked, and Will and Jack turned to look at me, worried that I’d start to cry.

Isabelle, you are strong. Show them you can talk without crying.

“Yes, Mister Gibbs. I do have a sister. Elizabeth, if you recall. We’re going to get her, and it’ll be all fine.” I said, mostly trying to reassure myself. We stayed silent.

Finally, Jack cleared his throat.

“Well, we’ve got that done and said. Here Gibbs, let us get a bottle of rum.” Jack said, and lead us to a bar around the corner.

The Armor’s Head was a local bar- according to Jack- and its was filled to the roof. Many women where dressed in same gowns as Scarlett and Giselle were in, some tighter than normal. Their hair was curled to an extreme, and they stared me down, looking at what I was wearing. The men there were drunk, wearing an idiotic look on their faces, and following the women around like lost puppies, but stopped and looked at me when I walked by.

“Despicable.” I muttered under my breath, but Will seemed to hear.

“Isn’t it?” he asked silently, and smiled warmly

Jack and Mister Gibbs sat down at a table with two seats. They sat out Will and I, and started to talk. It was probably because of Jack.

When their talk was over, they realized that they didn’t have nothing to drink.

“Isabelle, Will, what’ll you want for ye drink?” Mister Gibbs asked, but Jack cut in.

“Gibbs, I’ll take Isabelle here to go and get some drinks.” he said, and grabbed my by the arm, leading me to where a plumb lady was serving more drunk men drinks.

She was wearing a black dress with white lace sewn onto it. It was hideous on how it looked on her, in my opinion. It was too tight, exposing her upper body part, and her “flubber was bouncing around.

The make-up was actually fine, still a little too much, but much better then Giselle and Scarlett.

“Hello, Mariette.” Jack said once we reached the counter. She turned to him and flashed a smile at him, battering her eyelashes.

“Oh Jack, how are you? What could I get you?” her eyes fell on me, and she placed her hand on her enlarged hip.

“Who is she?” she asked.

Why are all these women asking who I am? I looked at Jack and whispered,

“I’ll have another slap coming if you insult me.” he looked at me and rolled his eyes.

“She’s a friend.” he said, casually.

“Just a friend?”

“Mariette, of course. Would I do anything else?” he asked, smiling.

“Silly me. What would you like for your drink?” she asked.

“Three rums, and, Isabelle, what do you want?” he hesitated.

“Wait, three rums, and a glass of water.” he said. I looked at him, and he looked back.

“You don’t want water. Fine. Some juice then, Mariette.”

“Why can’t I have any rum?” I asked Jack. He smiled as I was a little girl.

“Because, lu- Isabelle.” he said, stopping as he was about to call me luv because of Mariette.

“Because is not a reason. Rum please.” I told Mariette.

“No. No rum.” he argued.

“You cannot tell me what to drink, or eat!”

“But I can leave you here.”

“WILL WON‘T LET ME GO!”

“THEN YOUR DEAR WILLIAM CAN STAY TOO!”

“What about Elizabeth?”

“I don’t give a bloody darn about her!” he yelled, and I looked around. Everybody was staring at us, and even the pair making out had stopped to watch. I turned back to Jack, and glared at him.

“Well then, Jack, I’m going back to the Interceptor. Mariette, sorry about all of this.” I whispered. Be strong, Isabelle. In till you return to the Interceptor.

I turned around and started to walk back to the ship.

“IT’S CAPTAIN! LEARN HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE!” he yelled. I quickly turn around, and slam my fist into the counter.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you where a officer, Captain!” I spat at him.

“Watch your language!” I closed my eyes, and told myself to relax

“You know what? This is ridicules. If it weren’t for Elizabeth, I’d love to never see you again!” I said, and ran out from the bar, with people looking at me. I knew that Ja- Captain- was staring down at me, but I just ran, and ran.

I heard Will get out of his chair, but I just ran. I ran through the town, hitting things and people as I went, but I just continued. I ran through the decks, and finally I was in the ship. I slammed down onto the railing on the side of the Interceptor and cried.

All I did was cried. I didn’t think, I just cried.

Footsteps echoed across the port, and I knew somebody was coming to see me. I was hoping it wasn’t Jack. Anybody but Jack. I’d rather have a pirate take me off and kill me than see him.

“Isabelle!” I heard Will, and he came running to me. He slid down next to me, and put him arms around me. I wrapped mine around him, dug my head in his shoulder, and cried some more. It felt good to have him there. Somebody at least cared about me, apart from Elizabeth.

After what seemed hours, though it was only a couple of minutes.

“I’m sorry Will. It’s just that-” I started but Will shushed me.

“Isabelle, it’s fine. We are here just because we both love Elizabeth, and we want to find her. What Jack said was outrageous. I mean about Elizabeth.” he said, and I nodded.

“I love her so much, Will. Nobody can go insult her or anybody I love, and get passed me. I wish I could’ve just stabbed him, right there, but then who would take us to the Black Pearl? Who knows if he’ll take us now.” I said, finally wondering about what Jack said, and if he meant it.

“Don’t worry, he’ll take us to Elizabeth. He didn’t mean what he said. You should’ve seen him after you left. He threw something at the wall- I think a cup filled with beer- and went outside. I was scared that he’d follow you, and hurt you some more, so I followed him. Thankfully he went out to the beach, and went to walk around.”

“Why would you care, Will, if he had followed me?”

“Because, Isabelle, I love you. You’re not just my best friend, but my sister, and you have to love and protect your sister.” he looked at me, and smiled. I hugged him tightly.

“Thank you, Will. I love you too.” I said. I let go of him.

“So what is the next plan?” I asked.

“Well, Jack and Gibbs are going to talk and see if they can hoist up a crew to well, crew the Interceptor along with us, and then I guess Jack is going to get us to the Black Pearl and to Elizabeth.” Will said, and we sat quiet for a moment.

“Would you like to go to your bed?” he asked.

“No, thank you Will. I’d rather just stay here and sleep in your arms, if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all.” And that was how my night ending. Falling asleep in William Turner’s loving arms.