Chapter Thirteen: A Burn of Rum

I woke up to warmth, and a small breeze. My eyes flashed open, and I realized that I was laying in Jack’s arms. One of his arms were under me, the other was over, and my hand was lying on top of his rising chest.

Oh God, what happened.? The last thing that I remember was getting some firewood and tripping over Jack. And then Elizabeth started to laugh. Elizabeth! I thought, and turned around. Or more like I tried to. Jack’s hold was strong.

“Elizabeth!” I whispered, looking to where she was sitting. It wasn’t far from us.

“Oh, you’re up. That’s great.” she said quietly.

“What happened last night?” I asked her, and Jack snored in my ear.

“You drank a lot, and you sang and danced with Jack.”

“Did I do anything else?”

“No. You talked a little, but that’s it.” she said, and I sighed from relief. I didn't want to lose my

virginity to a pirate, let alone Jack.

“I’m going to burn the rum. What to help?” she asked.

“Would I ever? Stupid rum. Could you help me up?” asked, being stuck in Jack’s arms. Elizabeth nodded, and took my arms, pulling me up. It was hard, but finally we got free.

Jack turned to the side were I was laying, and muttered something, but I didn’t hear it.

“Thank y- Oh, my head!” I said, rubbing my head. A pain was throbbing and it was horrible.

“That’s what happens when you drink two bottles of rum.” she pointed out.

“Two bottles? God, I’m going to kill Jack for giving me all that.” I said and Elizabeth laughed.

“You seemed to be enjoying yourself yesterday.”

“Well, I was bloody drunk.” I said, trying to defend myself.

“Yea, ok.” she said, and we went to set a fire to the rum bottles.

They were heavy. The rum barrels I mean. Unlike the ones in the ship, they had metal encrusted in them, so that added a couple pounds, and to add, the barrels were a bit bigger.

“Need help?” I asked Elizabeth. She was actually keeping up pretty fairly.

“I can manage, thank you though.” Elizabeth said smiling.

“So, how are we going to set the fire?” I asked. She thought it through.

“Um, I guess the same way Jack started it yesterday.” I sighed, picking up a barrel and putting it on top of 4 other ones.

“That about does it.” I said, dusting off my hands.

“Anyway, if you haven’t noticed, I was out drunk yesterday, so I have no possibility of knowing how Jack started the fire.” I smartly said, huffing from all that lifting, but I have to say that it was much better than before.

One week ago, I would’ve not have been able to carry all that in one try, but now, even though it was tough, I could do it.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

“Here, let me show you.” she said, taking my hand, and leading me to a natural collection of rocks.

“Nice. Rocks. How are these rocks going to help us with the fire?” I asked, dumbfounded.

“Go find one with a little arch in it.” she told me, and I went to go find one, still confused.

The rocks were different sizes, but the biggest one was the size of my foot. It was rather creepy as it was in the shape of a foot too. I looked at it.