Chapter 238: [The Second Apocalypse III]

[Grandora City, Sub-headquarters]

The four of them brainstormed on what to do or how to handle the situation, however due to the complexity of the situation, Head chief Oliver has no choice but to think up of an innovative idea on how to handle the situation. First off the news of the enemy responsible for the recent incident infiltrating the city, would be held off as this news would become confidential and not allowed to be relayed towards the city's resident in order to avoid alerting the enemy.

Next up Head chief Oliver then issued to open up various underground evacuation center all over the city, while also masking this operation as a preparation for the a huge army of chaos beast are heading towards the city. Since this would inform the citizens about the imp[ending danger that normally occurred every once in a while in the city, this in turn became common as the residents of the city got used to it and just followed the orders of the organization. Since this was the case, no mass panic would occur, as everyone treated this as a normal event.

Lastly Head chief Oliver immediately called back all field agents outside the city's walls and pressured the weaponry and development team to further improve the city's fire power and defense mechanism, in order to prepare for the inevitable invasion of the enemy.

In fact everyone needs an upgrade in their gear, due to that the production and development office, called out to all agents and normal soldiers who uses the weapons that the organization had made, in order to issue an upgrade which would further enhance the attack power of the organization.

The reason why the upgrade were given immediate attention by the production and development team, was all because the organization itself already had the means of upgrading the fire power of the organization way before the end of the 2nd year that the organization was established. The reason why it wasn't applied till now, was because various surviving country leaders believed that by doing that, the balance of power will be tilted to the advantage of one side.

Fearing of the destruction of the balance in power, they opposed of the idea to upgrade the fire power of the organization through majority voting, causing it to be locked down in the archives of the organization and slowly dust away. However no one expected that a few years later, someone would open up the abandoned project once more and used it to quickly improve everyone's capability.

The enhancement project was called project D.A.W.N, through this project the, not only would the organizations power increase, but it will also increase their defenses both as a whole and as individual. The enhancement of the base was already given, but the idea of enhancing the units of the organization to boost their survivability is something else. It was simply a genius idea, never did anyone expect that it would actually help them so much more than they already expect, what's more they already have about 10 samples that were left back at the time it was deemed dangerous, the only thing here some of them would be kept for further research upon them and the rest would be given to trustworthy agents who would be the vanguard of this attack.

 With that on the way, Head Chief Oliver dismissed their meeting as he now prepares on how to defend himself against various country leaders for bringing out such dangerous thing in this time of the year. In fact he understands just how stubborn are the surviving leaders of the world are, due to that he was quite sure many would oppose his decision to bring out project D.A.W.N despite his report of enemy sightings in the city. With that, he can only think up of one person that could help him in this kind of situation.

With the meeting ending just like that, the secretary of head chief Oliver then quickly guided Sanaguchi and the others to the office of the product development team, to upgrade their weapons and uniform. However the moment the production team saw Jinwoo's weapon, they couldn't help but inform him that such weapon needs to be reforged due to detrimental parts that can be seen along its body.

Of course this further confused Jinwoo since never noticed that something was wrong with his weapon, in response to this, the manager of the office then answered him that despite looking fine through its frame, the insides of the staff was completely destroyed causing it to have detrimental performance. With that, his weapons core needed to be changed  in order to grow stronger. In the end Jinwoo accepted the offer and left his uniform and weapon on the counter.

Since only the core would be changed for his weapon, he could retrieve his weapon the next day since their skilled reforgers will be the one to handle the complexity of the staff. Just like that a whole day has passed as Jinwoo and Ryuuji went back to the base in order to retrieve the weapon and uniform that they have left behind.

Once Ryuuji retrieved his uniform and weapon, he immediately felt the enhancement, as he quickly realized that synchronization with his weapons would have become easier through this enhancement. s for Jinwoo, he then followed the staff as he then saw his weapon being displayed in some sort of a sword holder, as its once silver lush had now turned red due to changing its properties itself.

in the end the reforger informed Jinwoo that his staff had been imbued with a very special core coming from a beast of lore. After all inside of the staff is the fragment of the greatest staff that existed in myth. Ruyi Jingu Bang is the poetic name of a magical staff wielded by the immortal monkey Sun Wukong in the 16th-century classic Chinese novel Journey to the West. looking for a magic weapon to match his strength and skill. When all of the traditional magic weapons—swords, spears, and halberds weighing thousands of pounds each—fail to meet his standards, the dragon queen suggests to her husband that they give Sun a useless iron pillar taking up space in their treasury. He claims that the ancient shaft had started producing heavenly light days prior and suggests that the monkey is fated to own it.

With this Jinwoo realized that he had the weapon of legend right on the palm of his hand.