Chapter 233: [The Calm IV]

[Bouvet Island]

On the day that the incident had happened, right after the whole unknown group decimated the army of the chaos breaker organization, Argie then slowly walked over towards Uno as he listened to what they were saying among the top three of the group.

"Is this it? Is the native of this world only amount to this?" asked by Dos

"I expected a little bit of fight, but in the end , it ended in a massacre... this literally made ourselves look bad" Complained by Tres

"I expected much but it seems i overestimated this world" Added by Dos

"Well it is understandable, after all this is a primitive civilization" said by Uno

"If this is the only thing they can do, then it would take a month for us to dominate this world" said by Tres

In that moment Uno noticed Argie walking up to them, which caused the three of them to shut silent, and wait for Argie to said his piece"

"You... what do you want?" asked by Tres

"I overheard what you guys are talking about... your wondering if this is all the people of this world can do right?"

"Disappointingly so" replied by Dos

"I see... but what if i tell you that there are special individuals who have power, strong enough to rival yours"

With that, all three of them got their attention piqued, as Uno showed a curious expression on his face.

"Please elaborate"

With that Argie told them about Claire and her own abilities which has the potential to kill them if she so desires. The power of life and death, wielded by individuals or institutions, can be extraordinarily dangerous due to its profound implications for human well-being and ethical considerations. Alongside it he also told them about genetic lock, which hinders a human's hundred percent capabilities.

The idea of humans using 100% of their potential is often a topic of speculation and sometimes appears in fiction and popular culture. However, in reality, the concept is not scientifically supported in the way it's commonly portrayed.  Human potential is a complex and multifaceted concept. While it's true that individuals may not always reach their full potential in various aspects of life, such as cognitive abilities, physical capabilities, or creativity, it's important to understand that the human brain and body already operate at remarkably high levels of efficiency and capability.

The notion that humans only use a small percentage of their brain, such as 10% or less, is a myth. Modern neuroscience has shown that the entire brain is active and involved in various functions, although different regions may specialize in different tasks.  Even if we were to hypothetically unlock some untapped potential, there are limits to what humans can achieve due to biological constraints. Evolution has shaped our bodies and brains within certain parameters. Additionally, pushing ourselves beyond healthy limits can lead to negative consequences such as burnout, injury, or mental health issues.

This is the reason why people who unlocks their genetic lock is often called superhumans, but since such a thing isn't widely known, only the selected few can tap at their genetic lock and temporarily raise their potential to a hundred percent.

With all of those said, Nueve was then assigned to check whether Argie's words are eligible and trustworthy enough. Through this, everything came to be in the present as Nueve met Claire.

*********
[Grandora City]

Upon meeting each other, Nueve smiled at the child as she somehow made Nueve remember his home world.

"Hello child! I just want to ask a question, is that shabby dorm the only facility you have to call home?"

"Home? I think you could say it like that" answered by Claire

"That's great! Tell me child, what's your name?"

"Me? My names Claire"

"Hmmm Claire, i see... your the one they talked about"

"What about you mister?

"Me? You can call me Nueve"

"Nueve... I see... Grandpa Nueve"

"Hoh! Your too carefree for a child, but that doesn't matter... I just want to ask, do you have the ability to control life and death?"

"Yes... yes i do, why did you ask?"

"Nothing much child, i'm just curious"

"I see, but despite knowing that... i hate my ability grandpa! the power to wield between life and death, such an act can only be done by a god... but i'm no god, i just want to live normal"

"Normal, a concept that varies depending on context, culture, and individual perspectives. In general, it refers to what is typical, expected, or common within a given context or population"

"...."

"I have another question, do you happen to know what genetic lock is?"

In that moment Claire tilted her head in confusion, as she literally doesn't know what a genetic lock is. With confusion plastered right at its face, Claire's expression could be naturally seen by Nueve as her knowledge about things is literally limited.

In that moment, Nueve sensed the butler going back to his position, as Nueve avoided at all cost to be seen, as he quickly disappeared before anyone could detect them. Of course the person who is most confused here is Claire herself, as she literally don't know where the old man was, right after just talking to her.

But as a child, her attention can easily be swayed as she lost interest at Nueve and focused on what she is currently doing. Unknown to her, Nueve is silently watching in one corner of the area, as he silently moves on to the next plan.

As Nueve silently made his move, he then kept repeating what Claire had said in regards to normal in his mind. She wants to live normally, even though it has a different meaning, it was the same words that her late granddaughter had said before she died in her deathbed. His granddaughter was born with a weak body, of course with a weak body, she was naturally prone to outside diseases which caused her to not live normally like the rest of her age.

Live normally, such words were the favorite word of her late granddaughter. He loved her so much, so it came a stinging pain in his heart when she died young in her death bed. In fact his granddaughter didn't look hurt when she died but instead she seemed like she was at peace. and that was years ago.

With him getting older by the day, he then slowly forget his past to the point that he also forget his granddaughter's name. But with Claire's words, he then smiled slightly as he merges with the darkness of the city.