Chapter 227: [Devastating Loss]

[Grandora City]

Days passed since the operation in Bouvet island had happened which led to a great massacre in the organization's side, the whole world was in turmoil after the news of failed operation and the new helpers that Argie had gained on that island. A whole fleet and army that were dispatched on that island, had been taken down which resulted to a huge casualty count and devastating blow towards the organization's reputation.

It was a complete massacre, the new helpers of Undead had acquired was too strong for the attack force of the organization. Because of that many men and women lost their lives that day in trying to fend off the attacker and subdue the target. Both the military personnel and agents of the organization was dealt heavily as a huge number of them were killed.

At the time when the operation started, all manners of outside communication was cut off in order to prevent Undead from ever contacting anyone outside the Island's perimeter. Because of that the whole world were late on the news of the devastation, as they had no choice but to send the media towards Bouvet island in order to know what had transpired in the operation.

Just like that when the media arrived on the next day, a shocking revelation had shocked the world as bodies were littered everywhere either on land or on sea and ships together with multiple aircrafts had been shot down and sunk in the ocean. Nothing was left but destruction itself.

So when that scene reached various branches of the organization and military base of the world, they then quickly dispatched rescue team towards bouvet island and somehow managed to rescue some of the survivors and sent the dying message of the people who were in their death bed in that battlefield. Among the survivors, Head General Alex was rescued together with the other surviving soldiers and agent that managed to climb on top of a raft, after their commanding ship was destroyed and sunk under the ocean surface. But despite saving them on time, they all suffered from major frostbite as they all got soaked and were forced to endure a day in a cold place.

Since Head General Alex survived, the organization and military personnel were relieved as they all quickly organized an immediate treatment fir the important person himself. On the other hand some of the politicians in the government in other countries who have quite anger towards Head General Alex, then used this situation to fan the flames and manipulate the information in the media.

With such disappointing record of failed operation, it was the perfect time for them to fully assault Head General Alex and ruin his reputation from the people, which would affect his power within the politicians world. Since this situation where the operation led to insurmountable deaths and he was admitted into a hospital defenseless, is a type of opportunity for the other politicians to bring him down, they spent no time at all to defame the Head general and manipulate the whole surviving race of mankind.

Because of that, this led to further problems within the political world as the supporters of Head General Alex begun to clash once more against its opposers. With the political world divided into two factions,the organization bases all around the world were also left unscathed as the people rally outside of the bases and family of those that were killed in the operation seeks justice and accountability from the organization.

After all a member of their family had died, due to that they were naturally devastated and wanted for the accountability for the death of their loved ones from the organization itself. Due to that various chiefs from different bases were quite busy in dealing with the failed operation's aftermath which greatly affected the activities of the organization.

Alongside it the atmosphere of the organization itself all around the world were at its lowest, as the death counts were a great heavy blow towards their morale and power as a whole. With the whole world turning against them from this massive deaths and in search for accountability, the agents within the bases couldnt even perform properly and even go out of their houses without getting mobbed by the media reporters.

However among the group of people in the Grandora Sub-Headquarters, the most affected group by this news was none other than Kanzaki, Alice, and Isabelle. Mainly they were worried for the safety of Richard, Markwin, and Mike. After all before Kanzaki and Richard parted ways, both of them bid farewell in a great mood as they expect to return to base successful in their operation. What everyone didnt expect was that the had operation failed and the three were caught in it. So when the news of survivors being admitted to the hospital reached their ears, they quickly rushed towards the hospital governed by the organization in order to inquire what their condition is.

Rushing in the hospital the moment they entered it's door, they then asked for Richard's room and quickly rushed towards his room. In that moment when they reached his room and entered immediately, what greeted them was not Richard's usual hopeful eyes and cheerful personality, but rather the emptiness in his eyes and a cold atmosphere surrounding his whole being.

"Richard..." muttered Kanzaki as he slowly took few steps forward

Apparently Richard was among the survivors that had been rescued as he was immediately treated and the medics efficiently closed his wounds. The moment they gave him first aid, they quickly brought him back and was treated in this hospital for further assessment. But such things wouldn't let him change from its cheerful personality into a person who is cold to other people. The reason why he changed so much after that operation was none other than his loss.

Apparently among his whole team, he was the only that had survived as Markwin and Mike had died in that operation. Mike was killed mercilessly when the enemy got to its base and begun killing all the supporters who are communicating with their agents. This is done so that the agents are completely cut off from all kinds of communication, which eventually led to their demise. Despite powerless, Mike still tried to shield the girl supporter beside him with his whole body, which then led to him and the girls death. At Mike's last moment, he still did such a heroic thing and tried yo do what he feels right in that situation.

As for Markwin, after he got taken down, he then tried to fight against Nueve as he used his full potential and even somewhat managed to tap into his genetic lock which made use of a humans 100% full capabilities. By under going this kind of power up, he was able to somewhat stand a chance against Nueve, which then led to his death when a sneak attack came from behind, which came from another enemy that he managed to catch its attention.

Facing two enemy's, Markwin stood strong head on and fought against them till his dying breath. Just like that Richard was left as the sole survivor of his team, which eventually destroyed his previous personality and made him drown in despair every night.