Chapter 201: [The Catastrophe]

[Moscow]

"I'm fine!"

Those were the words that Jinwoo said in order to appease Claire who seemed to be awfully in despair after seeing his state. But as if mocking his bravado, the ground then begun to rupture which immediately cuts off the silent reunion between him and Claire, as blood tentacles rose from the ground that are seemingly coming from the direction where August had last crashed.

As the blood tentacles rose up into the air like a sky scraper, it then soon begun attacking all over the place as it involved the civilians in the surroundings which are seemingly trying to hid from the threat itself. Upon seeing this anger rose within Jinwoo as blood veins begun to pop out of his eye socket from seeing the massacre happening right before his eyes.

The scope of the evacuation itself  is only limited to a couple of streets away from the main building in which the terrorist group were found. During this expedition, the organization itself plans to simply minimize the scale of the battle as much as they can by pitting out elites of fighters against the terrorist group. Due to that not everyone in the city were informed of the evacuation and was simply involved around a total of small number of people in Moscow.

The reason for this is in order to not cause a mass panic among the citizens of the city which has a total population of more than 800,000 and to avoid alerting the enemy of their presence. With it, they concluded that they can take them out with minimal casualties and prevent the enemy of having a chance to escape their formation.

However never did they expect that the scale of the battle would go haywire and slowly cover the whole city. At that point while observing the increasing number of victims, Jinwoo begun to think on where had everything go wrong. 'This wasn't supposed to happen' that was the thought of Jinwoo as he saw the massacre right before his eyes.

Through this carnage, Jinwoo then begun analyzing his memory on where everything had started to go haywire, but no matter how much he thought about it, it feels like everything they had prepared became the focal point of this haywire.

The sudden alertness of the terrorist group,, monsters in the building which distracted most of the spearhead force, the underground tunnel below the building, the mass massacre of the people on the streets, and the battle which is happening right now. No matter how much he thought about it, every scenario he had thought had led to this moment, due to that his anger grew even further as he then ripped his tailcoat of his uniform and wrapped it around his open injury as a first aid.

After doing that as he continues to see suffering people getting pierced by the bloody tentacles, he then noticed that the bodies that got pierced by the tentacles were slowly being drained out of their blood which further strengthen the tentacles itself. In that moment Jinwoo then came into realization on what August was trying to do.

By stealing the blood from the people he killed, August ability grew even stronger than before, as his chaos ability itself was to manipulate blood. As long as he has an endless supply of blood, August himself would be unstoppable, to the point that he could become the second apocalypse itself.

An adult human will have approximately 1.2-1.5 gallons (or 10 units) of blood in their body. Blood is approximately 10% of an adult's weight and considering there is a total of 800,000 and more humans in the city, August could gather up about an estimate of 1,200,000 gallons of blood if he killed every single person in the city itself. With so much blood under his command, he could have the power to destroy a country and grow stronger the more people he could kill.

His ability itself is just that powerful, and comparing it to his measly strength enhancement ability, the sheer scale difference between ability is just great that Jinwoo's ability itself is far inferior to what August had. If there was a ranking of ability of some sort, then Jinwoo chaos ability is somewhere around C-rank while August chaos ability would be somewhere about SS-rank.

With that Jinwoo activated his chaos ability once more as he ignored Claire's cries and simply stared focus towards the direction on which the tentacles came from. As long as he could defeat August before he gets stronger even more, he would be able to save some people from dying at the hands of a murderous person. As for Claire, he could just simply leave her aside as August seemingly doesn't plan on harming the child, as long as she is inside  the blood prison, she would be unharmed from the tentacles which would keep her safe from this rain of attacks.

Without a moment to lose, Jinwoo charged forward in great force as he literally blew up the  place where he came from and dashed towards the area where August had last crashed. Of course the moment he did this, the majority of the blood tentacles that were attacking the people near its vicinity, then abruptly shifted its attention towards Jinwoo as it tried to prevent it from coming any closer.

Unfortunately the moment the blood tentacle got close towards him, he then destroyed those blood tentacle in a single swing of his rod, as his attacks caused shockwaves to erupt into the surrounding and instantly destroyed any tentacle near his radius. Due to the sheer strength of the shockwaves, none of the blood tentacles were able to reach him, as the shockwave itself were strong enough to destroy them.

Along the way Jinwoo came across the fleeing mother with her child in her arms, as she ran desperately away from the blood tentacles while also crying out for help in Russian language. But despite not understanding what she is saying, Jinwoo quickly jumps in in front of her as he grabbed her collar and swing his rod towards the blood tentacles which was strong enough to cut a building in half by the shockwave it produced

Seeing such feat, it was quite apparent that Jinwoo was constantly using his chaos ability which slowly strain his muscle fibers. But instead of worrying his welfare, he just ignored the pain all over his body as the adrenaline rushed up to his head and he dropped the crying mother with her child on a safe place away from the multitude of blood tentacles.

The moment he made sure that the mother and child were safely making their escape, he then returned his focus towards the enemy as he jumped up high into the air and continuously swung his rod and destroyed more of the blood tentacles that begun targeting him.

With a scream, he then slowly drowned out the pain in his body as he slowly got closer from his target and made a pathway for him in the sea of blood tentacles.

After destroying a considerable amount of blood tentacles, he then finally arrived before August who was also glaring at him, as he charged forward in great speed and punched him square toward his guts. After that he then dragged him across the ground in great rage as he threw him toward another building, before slicing it in half in just a single swing from his rod.

After that initial attack, he was planning to follow up his rampage with an even greater degree of an attack and plan to finish off the battle in just a few exchanges. However before he could even follow up his initial attack, blood chains appeared out of nowhere as it begun to surged towards him like a tsunami and literally destroyed the whole section in which he stands on.